Got my LCP back from Ruger - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Got my LCP back from Ruger

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    377 times
    I'm very happy you got your gun back and all is well now. I have a Ruger LCP and at least once out of every clip it would extract, but would hang up loading the next round. I sent it back to Ruger and they replaced the slide. I got it back and again the same problem. I sent it back a 2nd time and they replaced the slide and the barrel. Again, the same issue, so the 3rd time I sent it back I received an email telling me the gun had been declaired defective and would be distroyed and I would receive a new handgun.

This last time that I sent it in was March 27, 2019 and I just got a phone call (May 3, 2019) from Academy Sports that the new handgun is in. I will say they are very nice and helpful people and the lady that did the shipping confessed to me that two guns were shipped to Georgia about two weeks ago and of course mine was one of them.

So I guess I will update this posting after I get the new handgun and take it to the range....more to follow.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20448 times
    Not meaning to hijack this thread but this is but one of several current threads about Ruger LCPs. Any of you thought of upgrading to an LCP II? Perhaps Ruger could replace a defective LCP with an LCP II?

Only ask because the LCP II has a tremendously improved trigger - it is DAO but such a short stroke as to feel like a SA - and it also has the slide lock at empty feature.

I’ve got both an LCP and a TCP which I alternated pocket carry for years. I bought a new LCP II in January this year for $265 and, quite frankly, the other two 380s haven’t seen the light of day since then.

Just a thought with folks beginning to see problems with the original LCP line these days.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    2289 times
    Personally, I prefer the LCP for a number of reasons (look, feel, features, pricing, etc) and don't really consider the LCP II to be a straight upgrade to the original. In fact, I wonder if the LCP II was actually developed as a successor to the LCP or merely branded as such for the sake of marketing/sales, because if anything it seems more like a miniature Security 9.

Also, many folks online seem to prefer the LCP over the LCP II as well, so I guess that's why they haven't been discontinued.

That's not to say that the LCP II is bad or anything, just that it's really not the straight upgrade that you'd expect from a successor.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1019 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooD View Post
    Never experienced better custom service than Ruger.
    Agreed......glad to hear all went well. Let us know how the grip glove works for you.

Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    Article I, Section 21:
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned"

Clinging to my Guns and Bible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links