Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Classic S&W. 38s

Member #
    Liked
    11144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    That would have been fun to see.
    It was a lot of fun. German police are much, much more military oriented than American police. Their police stations are more like forts. Just like the military, the Bundes Polizei have primary and secondary specialties. His primary was along the lines of SWAT, but in his secondary he was a Physicians Assistant, a PA. I just never really thought of police as medics, but he is a very capable man.

When my oldest son got wounded in Afghanistan on 2 NOV, 2007, they brought him directly out to Germany. I couldn't get there before they were supposed to ship him out to the States, so I told my BIL to get down there to him. I wanted my son to know that family was there with him, plus I knew I would get a good evaluation of his condition. All we had been told at that time was that he had been shot in the face. It hit my BIL pretty hard when he saw my son. Up until that time we all pretty much thought we were invincible. My BIL's grandfather, father and his 3 uncles had fought all through WWII and none of them were so much as wounded. My family had pretty much fought in every war dating back to before America was a nation without anyone getting so much as wounded. My BIL called and told us that although the wound looked bad, it was not anything that could not be fixed, and today the only mark is a scar running from the corner of his mouth to his ear. To this day, my BIL and my oldest son have a very close bond because of that visit to the American Hospital.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Model 10 LEO trade-ins were going for $299 locally, but they sold out quickly.
    That's about what I'd be willing to pay especially for sight unseen sales.

Member #
    Liked
    2294 times
    If you BIL went that far to support your son, he's a great relative. You are blessed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    32181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    It was a lot of fun. German police are much, much more military oriented than American police. Their police stations are more like forts. Just like the military, the Bundes Polizei have primary and secondary specialties. His primary was along the lines of SWAT, but in his secondary he was a Physicians Assistant, a PA. I just never really thought of police as medics, but he is a very capable man.

When my oldest son got wounded in Afghanistan on 2 NOV, 2007, they brought him directly out to Germany. I couldn't get there before they were supposed to ship him out to the States, so I told my BIL to get down there to him. I wanted my son to know that family was there with him, plus I knew I would get a good evaluation of his condition. All we had been told at that time was that he had been shot in the face. It hit my BIL pretty hard when he saw my son. Up until that time we all pretty much thought we were invincible. My BIL's grandfather, father and his 3 uncles had fought all through WWII and none of them were so much as wounded. My family had pretty much fought in every war dating back to before America was a nation without anyone getting so much as wounded. My BIL called and told us that although the wound looked bad, it was not anything that could not be fixed, and today the only mark is a scar running from the corner of his mouth to his ear. To this day, my BIL and my oldest son have a very close bond because of that visit to the American Hospital.
    Post of the week.
    gbusmech and GreenWolf70 like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    6232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    The photo in the advert doesn't coincide with the description; "Made in the 70's"

The left side frame drilled safeties were no produced till much later.
    I never noticed that, you have one set of eyes I'll tell you! Maybe they used a stock photo or maybe whoever wrote the ad copy had no idea what they were talking about. Who knows, but you still have really sharp eyes.

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21005 times
    This is my classic original S&W .38. It is known as a "Victory" they were all made during WWII. Plain grips, lanyard ring and parkerized finish. I have no Idea of it's value but it's happy in my collection and it's not for sale. The Holster is a pre-war R.T. Frazer of Pueblo Colo. and very collectable.

Name:  004.JPG
Views: 20
Size:  3.82 MB
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    32181 times
    Very cool revolver and holster! Is that holster canted, or does it hang straight?
    gbusmech likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33537 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Very cool revolver and holster! Is that holster canted, or does it hang straight?
    Looks like a crossdraw.
    gbusmech likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31668 times
    I would love a M64 but I also wouldn't hesitate to jump on a Taurus M82 instead for probably about half the price. Practically identical gun, and Taurus does the 82 right.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21005 times
    It is canted for cross draw....
    GhostHorse likes this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links