New Ruger Security 9 Compact - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: New Ruger Security 9 Compact

Member #
    Liked
    26963 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post

Listening to Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio yesterday, he's just recently finished Gunsite's 250 CQ course and in the process he put 400 rounds through his new P365 as well as using several different pistols. All raves for the P365, and that's all I hear about them. SIG USA has hit a home run with this one. And considering the cost of serious sub-compacts, the price really isn't bad at all.
    yep!
    I am totally sold on mine!
    I did a from day one report on mine here right through its journey to being the pocket tote pistol after 500 plus rounds of misc ammo both range and self defense.
    I think these were shot at about the 300 round mark, I have gotten just a bit better with it since then.
    pushing now about 7-800 rounds and not a single hick up of any kind.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    and 4 plus ounces heavier, no tritium sights, and the sig comes with 2 mags, not sure about this one?
    they don't mention 2 so I figure its one.
    Tritium sights that may not work (or did they get those fixed?) and 4 oz heavier because it has a longer barrel and slide. But it's the same width and height; pretty much, and also holds 10 rounds. So far no other company has been able to do this with dimensions so close to the Sig. As for the extra magazine it looks like the ones for the full size Security 9 are less than $30. So, if they do the same with the magazines for this model you could buy 3 more and still be more than $100 less out of pocket.

For some people that is enough to make them think about this gun over the Sig.

I have my Sig P365 and I'm happy with it. But, to be honest with you of all the new CC guns that are out the other one I wouldn't mind having is the new Mossberg MC1sc. I just really like the way they look and i like those clear magazines.
    Last edited by morrcarr67; 04-08-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    57K and Tracker627 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    19544 times
    Nice looking pistol. Should do well for Ruger.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    985 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    Tritium sights that may not work (or did they get those fixed?) and 4 oz heavier because it has a longer barrel and slide. But it's the same width and height; pretty much, and also holds 10 rounds. So far no other company has been able to do this with dimensions so close to the Sig. As for the extra magazine it looks like the ones for the full size Security 9 are less than $30. So, if they do the same with the magazines for this model you could buy 3 more and still be more than $100 less out of pocket.

For some people that is enough to make them think about this gun over the Sig.

I have my Sig P365 and I'm happy with it but to be honest with you of all the new CC guns that are out the other one I wouldn't mind having is the new Mossberg MC1sc. I just really like the way they look and i like those clear magazines.
    Does that include the new Mossberg subbie? I've been hearing impressie reviews on it as well. Probably the price champ!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33228 times
    I like Rugers, and I like the looks of that one. Only thing, I'll be glad when firearms manufacturers stop putting those front slide serrations on everything. Personal dislike of mine, and a little bit of a turn off.
    Harleyboy65 likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post
    Does that include the new Mossberg subbie? I've been hearing impressie reviews on it as well. Probably the price champ!
    Yup. This little guy.
    57K likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I like Rugers, and I like the looks of that one. Only thing, I'll be glad when firearms manufacturers stop putting those front slide serrations on everything. Personal dislike of mine, and a little bit of a turn off.
    I don't mind them. Except on 1911's not a fan of them on 1911's.

Which is why I like my SR1911

not mine, just a stock photo

cnj
    Member #
    Liked
    483 times
    Nice guns by both Ruger and Mossberg. I am going to say, though, that right now, for an excellent balance between weight, capacity, quality, and cost, the P365 is the benchmark. Now, that Mossberg pistol....I might have to get one. Since I have the R51 from Remington, I think the other compact 9mm pistol from the other famous American shotty manufacturer would be a cool little addition! Maybe this one will actually be reliable!
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black

Member #
    Liked
    985 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    Yup. This little guy.
    I like it!
    olfarhors and Tuco_Ramírez like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5441 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    Nice guns by both Ruger and Mossberg. I am going to say, though, that right now, for an excellent balance between weight, capacity, quality, and cost, the P365 is the benchmark. Now, that Mossberg pistol....I might have to get one. Since I have the R51 from Remington, I think the other compact 9mm pistol from the other famous American shotty manufacturer would be a cool little addition! Maybe this one will actually be reliable!
    I like the looks and design of the R51. It keeps pulling on my wallet but hasn't quite gotten it out yet but,
    tomorrow is my birthday so I may be entitled to one. Local Cabela's has them for $280 which for Cabelas
    isn't bad. Bud's plus a transfer fee is almost the same but I can carry it out of Cabela's

Reviews I've read on the new ones seem to be pretty good.

All the Best,
    D. White
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links