FN pistols unsafe? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: FN pistols unsafe?

Member #
    Liked
    2066 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    What kind of a shipping label did you recieve? I got a email telling me to box up each firearm and magazines unloaded and attach the mailing label to the box.
    The so called shipping label simply has their name and address. No directions as to shipping carrier. No information as to who is paying the shipping costs.

I would hope that they don't expect firearm owners to pay for shipping so that they can repair a liability issue.
    I got the same....but in their instructions, they sald a FED EX shipping label....so I assume they are going to e-mail one at some point!!
    jonrjen likes this.
    Roman matrons used to say to their sons: 'Come back with your shield or on it.' Later on, this custom declined. So did Rome..." (but not before it created an Empire that changed the world - Robert Heinlein

Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    jonrjen, I filled out my forms online called the customer service department gave them my case number and she sent me an email with an attachment to print a FedEx shipping label. I went to FedEx got the boxes attached the label and away it went this morning.
    Taurus1965 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6352 times
    If you own an FNS gun, make sure you carry a mallet in case it does not fire. Any man made object can have problems.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2066 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    If you own an FNS gun, make sure you carry a mallet in case it does not fire. Any man made object can have problems.
    Right...but if a company recalls them, prudent to send it in for the recall!! They are only going to make them safer and, at least in the case of my P320 and TP9SF, no less capable. No more new striker-fired for me tho'. Five time with four different companies...that's too many trips to the FED-Ex counter for me!! Your mileage (and patience) may vary!
    Last edited by TitaniumMan; 01-29-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Roman matrons used to say to their sons: 'Come back with your shield or on it.' Later on, this custom declined. So did Rome..." (but not before it created an Empire that changed the world - Robert Heinlein

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    What kind of a shipping label did you recieve? I got a email telling me to box up each firearm and magazines unloaded and attach the mailing label to the box.
    The so called shipping label simply has their name and address. No directions as to shipping carrier. No information as to who is paying the shipping costs.

I would hope that they don't expect firearm owners to pay for shipping so that they can repair a liability issue.
    It was a Fed Ex shipping label with address and bar code.

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    ok, do we have any firearms that are not going to go bang when they're not supposed to?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    GhostHorse likes this.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad
    "Shoot until it blows up." - SFC Strand
    "As for me, I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds

Member #
    Liked
    2066 times
    Two minutes on the phone with CS (only 20 seconds wait for real person)....30 minutes later I get a FedEx shipping label sent to my e-mail...and package dropped at the FedEx office today(which is literally 30 seconds from my work) Taurus could learn a thing or three from FN. I will report on the turnaround time....although no real biggie'cause BABY It's cold outside!!
    darbo, Taurus1965 and GhostHorse like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19978 times
    I bought a FNS-40 about 7 years ago but ended up trading it in less than a month later for a nice SIG. It went bang and was sturdy; what I didn’t like was the sharp pointy “pyramid” grip texture they had. Like getting hit with hundreds of needles each time it went bang.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    19468 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    Offhand, I'd say don't hit your pistol with a mallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    And according to the video if you forget your tiny hammer you can just do a tap/rack, bump the gun like loading a magazine or even perhaps holster the gun. Those action can set it off too.
    Last edited by darbo; 02-02-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2066 times
    daytonaredeye,

I agree! Its OK for a couple rounds but a range trip of 150 gets to be a bit much! And its mostly a range gun for me!
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links