My next Polymer 80 and first time stippling. - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: My next Polymer 80 and first time stippling.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26989 times
    I've built 3 G17s so far and enjoyed doing them. They are pretty basic and after watching some of the videos that are available, I didn't have any issues with them. Each has fed any 9mm ammo I put through them, but I still need to put more lead down range to say I would trust them 100%. On the one smooth sided frame I just added Talon grips to it and it worked out great. I already had 9 various Glock pistols, but liked the idea of building my own and of course the bonus of no serial numbers.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    10929 times
    LOL, you have to do at least one all milled up fancy. Lone Wolf has some wild slides and even wilder finishes. I like those PVD ice finishes.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Just ordered my P80 kit this morning...
    357 sig build is underway.
    M&P .357 sig full size
    M&P .357c
    M&P 9mm full size
    Millennium g2

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10929 times
    Picked up a slide completion kit for a G26 with a billet extractor for $95 plus another $15 for a G26 guide rod and flat rate shipping of $10 from 80pbuilder.com. Considering billet extractors run $50-$60 and a slide kit is normally $80, it a good deal.

I have been working on my stippling technique. Using various size round/flat tips to see if I like the different looks. I started playing around modifying tips yesterday and cut a simple cross on the tip of one of the medium sized round tips. This leaves a pattern that resembles woven cord. I will need to work with it some more (practice), but it looks better than anything else I have tried, while still giving me the type of grip I want.

Still looking around for a good carry slide for the G26. I found one that I like a lot, I just want it in something other than DLC. But if I don't find something I like better, that looks like the slide I will get. I will just wait and see if they run it on sale. Just need a slide and lower parts kit and I will be ready to start building.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    10929 times
    LOL, I took so long to decide which G26 slide I wanted, that by the time I ordered they were out. So I had to wait another month or so. But finally got all the parts in, stippled and dyed the frame. I loaned out my sight installer, so the sights are still not on and I have some other minor adjustments to make but the gun is looking good (to me)

Name:  G26 RS2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  111.2 KB

Name:  G26 RS1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  112.4 KB

I made my own tip for stippling. I ground a cross on a round tip with a Dremel. I call the pattern chain mail. I made the border with a v-shape micro 1.0mm wood gouge, it works better than anything else I have tried. The color actually looks better in daylight. It is a deep blood red. I found something much better than RIT dye for Synthetics. I used Jacquard iDye Poly.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 05-07-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    590 times
    I like the color combo. And that border looks awesome. Excellent job. If you're looking for mags with an extra space for your pinky I suggest the 12 round magpul version for the 26. I love em.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Edited signature to fit guidelines....

Member #
    Liked
    10929 times
    Well, I fixed the gap on the grip extension. The grip extension is rubber and is a tight fit on the magazine, so I removed the grip extension (trying to see where it was not fitting against the magwell) and holding the grip extension against the magwell reinserted the magazine. This left a small gap between the mag baseplate and the grip extension but it now fits against the magwell without any gaps and more importantly removed the wobble between the mag and the magwell. The grip now feels like one piece.

Just needs the sights and a test fire now.

I first used one of these X-Grip extensions on my G43 and it made a huge difference in ergonomics, or shootability, without losing any concealability (at least in my own holsters). I don't know who makes these design decisions for Glock, but they must have tiny hands. The better solution would have been a slightly longer magwell on Glock's subcompact and G42/43 line. There is probably a good market for a G19/23 size frame that takes a G26/27 slide. I know that recently Polymer80 came out with a G19/23 size frame that takes a G17/22 slide.

Name:  G26 Grip.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  111.6 KB

That Agency barrel with the 11 degree crown is awesome.

Name:  G26 frt.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  115.0 KB

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links