• S&W Shield (any gen)

32 51.61%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Single Stack 9mm (Poll)

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Although I voted for the Shield, my current summer carry is a Kahr CM9 with a Streamlight TLR-6 and custom IWB holster to match. Replaces a Taurus TCP because, duh, 9mm vs. .380 in a package that carries almost as small. What’s not to like?

Glock 43 is OK, I guess, except for the big honkin’ boogerhookhook on the mags. That’s the part of the grip that’ll print, if anything, so I just don’t see the point on a ccw gun.
    Last edited by Gryffin; 06-14-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputydave View Post
    No votes for Glock. Quite different than the Glock forum.
    ...to the amazement of absolutely NO ONE
    Deputydave likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    31789 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputydave View Post
    Point is that I try to rate the company by the actual product and not what happened decades ago under a different owner.

Just my two cents.
    I respect your opinion, and you expressed it well.

My point is, I don't want gun companies to get the idea that gun owners have short memories when it comes to dalliances with gun control. I'm perfectly happy to give up all Smith & Wesson products to help drive home the point that consumers don't forget that kind of betrayal.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5928 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffin View Post
    ...to the amazement of absolutely NO ONE
    I "had" a glock 36 (45acp), it was a good gun...but...was only 6+1 and was thicker/blocky compared to the shield 45. So I traded it for a nice shotgun.
    Deputydave likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31457 times
    Everybody has an aversion to some kind of handgun, sometimes for reasons that make sense to them but don't make sense to me....for example, S&W and the safety lock thing, as well as getting cozy with the Clinton administration, Springfield for their stand on state politics in (I believe it was) Illinois, the list goes on. I say, buy whatever gun feels good in your hand, that you personally like, and don't worry about the rest. You'll enjoy your gun a lot more if you love the way it shoots in your hands.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    I respect your opinion, and you expressed it well.

My point is, I don't want gun companies to get the idea that gun owners have short memories when it comes to dalliances with gun control. I'm perfectly happy to give up all Smith & Wesson products to help drive home the point that consumers don't forget that kind of betrayal.
    I can understand your point if S&W was still under the same management now as 25 years ago. Since they aren't, exactly who are you driving your point home to?
    230JHP likes this.
    Its not hitting something that is important, its hitting something important that is important.

Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Just buy "COMMIE" guns like I do and you will not be bothered by all the American politics!!!
    plus most of them come with Land-Yards in case you are clumsy!!!-------
    GreenWolf70 and Bellows1 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    10947 times
    The only pistol I have an aversion to is the S&W Sigma. LOL, if I want to send my cousin off on a long rant, all I have to do is mention the Sigma. It was THE S&W gun that almost took the company down.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5928 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    The only pistol I have an aversion to is the S&W Sigma. LOL, if I want to send my cousin off on a long rant, all I have to do is mention the Sigma. It was THE S&W gun that almost took the company down.
    Lol... the Sigma & the SD series of guns make glock $7 on each sale. The lesson...'thou shall not get caught infringing on Gaston's design's!' All hail Gaston...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2884 times
    Of the three I like the Shield better if it is the latest generation.

I myself have carried a 1911, Makarov, and Walther CCP, and liked each one.

Maloy

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links