• S&W Shield (any gen)

32 51.61%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Single Stack 9mm (Poll)

Member #
    Liked
    3898 times
    I too voted for the shield because I own a performance center 9 mm, ported with fiber optic sights and that gun is zeroed in perfectly. It has never let me down. A wonderful piece of art...
    "A man can hope, he can dream, he can pray. The toughest thing he'll ever do, is participate." Switchbow

"Class is something you acquire by your humility and forge with your conduct." Switchbow

"Go ahead, skin that smokewagon and see what happens" Wyatt Earp

T = Tolerating
    O = Overbearing
    L = Liberals
    E = Everywhere
    R = Repressing
    A = America's
    N = National
    C = Collective
    E = Efforts

Member #
    Liked
    31807 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputydave View Post
    Not sure why folks complain about the LC9 trigger.
    Because the one I tried was horrible. It failed in every way a trigger should succeed, except that if one persevered it would, in fact, discharge the firearm. I've fired airguns with better triggers. Gritty, inconsistent, too long, and no feel whatsoever. That's why I complain.

In what way? Has internal safeties i.e. drop safeties. Gun won't go off unless the trigger safety bar is depressed. Just takes trigger discipline the same as a revolver really.
    Yes, for those with perfect trigger discipline it's just as safe as a revolver - a cocked revolver that is. Or a 1911 with the safety off. If you have a New York trigger in your Glock, you are sort of right. But even then, I'd pick the revolver.

I carried an XD40 Subcompact for a while. Actually safer than a Glock in some small way due to the grip safety. We saw a video posted here about a guy who claimed a wrinkle in his leather holster had led his Glock to discharge as he got into his car. I said "okay, let's find out how plausible this is" so I did some holstering safety experiments with the XD40. It was so easy to produce a (simulated) negligent discharge, I never carried the XD40 again; sold it, got a PT740, and now I will not carry anything that doesn't have a true double action trigger or a thumb safety. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I also can't even pretend to care; I consider Glock-style firearms unsafe.

You realize the company has changed hands a couple of times since that era don't you?
    So?

Okay, I'll admit it; my aversion to S&W just might - might - not pass the review of the Vulcan Academy of Science's department of logic department. But here's what it boils down to; Colt, Ford, Fender, not S&W, not Chevy, not Gibson. Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    jwc007 likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have owned 2 Shields and an LCS9. The latter was not a good fit for me. I've never tried the G43 but am interested. My 9mm single stack of choice for carry is the XDs because I'm a fan of the grip safety - I like that there are two things that have to happen for a discharge.
    Deputydave likes this.
    Trump: Exactly what conservatism has always been, is, and will always be about.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Lc9s is my single stack I own and I like the trigger and the way it carries it's light weight and easy to conceal and it has function 100% after 500 round's and easy enough for the wife to use
    Deputydave and Desperado like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8583 times
    I voted for the LC9s and it's kin.

I own a Taurus 709 and find the weight, balance, and user friendliness (for me anywho), would be likewise in the Ruger. I did get to fondle one some time ago and met the requirements for a carry mini-compact pistol.

Now that I have gone to the .380 ACP pistols at times( read that as old age catching up to me) the LC380 has more appeal that it one time did.

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    Voted LC9S with manual safety. Hate the magazine disconnect and takedown, but usually a couple shakes or taps and the pin falls out without finding something to push it out with. The striker fired version (S) has a very light trigger that is really sweet and placed more forward than the 709. Reset is a little long, but does not bother me at all.

Decided I liked it better than the PT709 so I traded the 709 in along with a PT111 G2 to help fund another pistol (Ruger American Pro compact in 9mm). I sometimes wish I would of gotten the thumb safety version for I prefer pistols with them, although my Glock 30 has served me well for years. I do sometimes regret letting those pistols go.

The Shield just seems a little bulkier and heavier and harder to pocket carry, although is doable. I have pocket carried much bigger pistols. The Shield is Stainless with a much better Nitriding finish for durability over the LC9S which can be a real plus. Cannot really go wrong with the Shield or the Glock. I would take the Shield with thumb safety over the Glock.

If Sig makes a P365 with a manual safety, I will probably go that route unless Ruger comes out with a replacement to the discontinued LC9S that is appealing.
    Last edited by right2arms; 06-14-2018 at 01:15 AM.
    Deputydave likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by right2arms View Post
    If Sig makes a P365 with a manual safety, I will probably go that route unless Ruger comes out with a replacement to the discontinued LC9S that is appealing.
    I hadn't realized the LC9s was discontinued. Too bad, it is a nice single-stack at a very affordable price. I have two of them.
    Its not hitting something that is important, its hitting something important that is important.

Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Okay, I'll admit it; my aversion to S&W just might - might - not pass the review of the Vulcan Academy of Science's department of logic department. But here's what it boils down to; Colt, Ford, Fender, not S&W, not Chevy, not Gibson.
    Everyone has their opinions of course. But I'll offer this; some folks look down their noses at Taurus based on what the company did years ago under several different managements and levels of QC. That isn't a fair assessment of what Taurus is today under it's current management and QC. Same with S&W for example, and I'm not a Smith fanboy by any stretch. But it's a different company that's putting out a solid product (although their revolvers are overpriced). I think Glocks are overpriced as well, don't like the cheap plastic sights and the 19X is a pistol only a Glocktard could like....but, I like Glock for what it is and have several that I got at a good price. Point is that I try to rate the company by the actual product and not what happened decades ago under a different owner.

Just my two cents.
    Its not hitting something that is important, its hitting something important that is important.

Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Everyone has their opinions of course. But I'll offer this; some folks look down their noses at Taurus based on what the company did years ago under several different managements and levels of QC. That isn't a fair assessment of what Taurus is today under it's current management and QC. Same with S&W for example, and I'm not a Smith fanboy by any stretch. But it's a different company that's putting out a solid product (although their revolvers are overpriced). I think Glocks are overpriced as well, don't like the cheap plastic sights and the 19X is a pistol only a Glocktard could like....but, I like Glock for what it is and have several that I got at a good price. Point is that I try to rate the company by the actual product and not what happened decades ago under a different owner.

Just my two cents.
    actually I base my opinions on what has happened in recent times right up to today and my experiences!
    In reality my association with Taurus in this subject from back in 1987 lead me to my predicament recently and now.
    So I have known taurus for a while.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    S&W Shield, but only because I own a full-size M&P. YMMV and all that.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links