The other Russian, review of my Bulgarian Makarov from Classic firearms - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The other Russian, review of my Bulgarian Makarov from Classic firearms

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Very nice.

I'm very fond of the Walther PP Series and it's derivatives. I still kick myself to this day for failing to pick up a pristine FEG PA-63 for $150 a couple years ago.

That being said, if I were going to buy a Makarov PM, then I would seek out the Baikal IJ-73 in .380 ACP, simply because .380 ACP is more widely available that 9x18 Makarov and .380 ACP +P loads are equal to 9x18 anyway, which the Baikal IJ-73 could easily handle since it's just a Makarov PM chambered for .380 ACP.
    You should have grabbed one. I love mine!
    silverstring likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    5730 times
    I have seen some expensive magazines but $270 for one of them is a bit excessive!

Don
    silverstring and slong115 like this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    21791 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    I forgot to add that there are defense rounds ( Hornady and such) that are good picks.
    That Hornady ammo is hard to find locally. I guess it's available online but that often is not practical unless you buy quite a bit. So I cheated...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/48...int-box-of-100
    silverstring likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35178 times
    Nice new pistol!

I have had my eye on one for a while.
    silverstring likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    30577 times
    I wish my Mak had a trigger like you describe, Silverstring. If the DA pull on mine were sandpaper, they'd have to use a negative number for the grit. The SA is adequate. Other than that, though, it's a great pistol!

I've wondered about those rubber grips for a while. Maybe I'll pick one up.
    silverstring likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    I had a bulgy. I liked my P83 a little more though. Thanks for the review.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2061 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    You should have grabbed one. I love mine!
    Yeah, I know, and I would have too, but I had recently had a falling out with the owner of my LGS after he had been really rude to family members I had referred to him, so I didn't want to give him the business. In hindsight, it was foolish, especially considering that at that price I was only hurting myself.

Oh well, I learned a valuable lesson from the experience, namely never to pass up a deal that good.
    silverstring likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30466 times
    As to triggers, my Radom P64 had an awful DA, unusable. And, I'm a good DA shooter. I installed a Wolf spring kit, now the DA is usable, but the SA is even lighter (was light to begin with) and the DA/SA transition is a little tough. I often get an undesired double tap. The thing points so well, though, I have carried it from time to time and it is very accurate and shoots to POA. One thing on these eastern block guns, I don't know if paint will help the front sight all that much. These things have tiny sights.

As for ammo, I just carry Silver Bear hollow points. I get 'em from www.ammotogo.com . Practice ammo is available at Academy for 10 bucks a box, Monarch FMJ. I have dies and brass is made from 9x19 fire formed after sizing, but the little gun launches empties into low earth orbit, so I haven't messed with reloading it that much. I have a mold for a RN 105 grain, IIRC, and they're accurate out of the Radom.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Qwiks draw and silverstring like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    30577 times
    NT, that is one cool little pistol. Fixed barrel blowbacks are good guns; reliable, and accurate - as your target shows.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links