Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Glock metal frames

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  JimL 
#1 ·
they came out a few months back I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with them before I seek one out. I think they are supposed to improve reliability since the added weight will give the action a more stable platform to cycle on.

#2 ·
Ace, I have heard a few things about one company that makes them although I can't remember who they were. Reliability wasn't the issue; it was actually recoil. The lighter weight of the Glocks provide stiff recoil to some and the added weight of the stainless and/or the titanium platform helps with the recoil just as with any firearm. Let me know if you go for it. What caliber Glock do you have or are you thinking about purchasing?

#4 ·
I agree, Glocks are manageable in any caliber. It's interesting to note from that website that as of now they don't even have the frame for the larger calibers and don't make them at all for the subs. One advantage might be the smaller grip size for those with smaller hands.

#5 ·
I own a Glock 30 And as I have stated in other posts that if I don't hold it just right it will jam on the second round. If you were to add a little weight it might make it easier on the gun to cycle through. With any blowback action handguns, you need a stable platform in which to cycle the action or you get a short stroke, mostly it has to do with the operator, but a little weight to the gun will help too.

#8 ·
It took a couple of times at the range when I picked up my first large caliber Glock to shoot it well with either hand; I noticed the 45's didn't like any slack in the old wrist area, much more so than with the 9mm's. So, for me, it just took a time or two at the range and some ammo to get that lil problemo squared away.

#10 ·
mrglock said:
Ace, I have heard a few things about one company that makes them although I can't remember who they were. Reliability wasn't the issue; it was actually recoil. The lighter weight of the Glocks provide stiff recoil to some and the added weight of the stainless and/or the titanium platform helps with the recoil just as with any firearm. Let me know if you go for it. What caliber Glock do you have or are you thinking about purchasing?
There are two magazine articles I know of on this. One in American Handgunner 2007 Annual. One in the Sept 2007 Combat Handguns issue.

There are a number of improvements other than mere weight, ranging, loaded, from 36 to 54 ounces. Aluminum, stainless and titanium versions are available. A 1911 grip angle is available. And interchangable sizes of back strap inserts. Plus... I think all are aimed at competition shooting.

JimL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.