Taurus Firearm Forum banner

S&w 65-3

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  WooD 
#1 ·

Used PD Smith and Wesson 65-3 in .357, Pre-lock, 4" Heavy Barrel, Firing pin in hammer. Square butt, Minimal holster wear, no pitting, etching or deep scratches. After cleaning and polishing and feeling the action it had to be minimally fired, tight as a drum. No flame cutting soot came right off cylinder face and forcing cone barrel cleaned right up revealing a perfect bore. Crown is perfect. All the really important stuff like forcing cone to cylinder gap, yoke gap, cylinder end play, lock up, timing was all spot on. No departmental etching a very faded marking that will polish out. Conservatively I give this gun between 85%-90%.
$450 out the door. Ironically the Taurus 65 in Stainless was also $450

See less See more
#4 ·
Based on my last two Smith purchases, you pick up an older one even a service duty revolver like the 64's or 65's and you see how far they have fallen from what they used to produce. This gun is a tight hunk of beautiful steel. Just impressive. Looking for a 64-5 or newer in a snub next.

#5 ·
Beautiful revolver- Glad you are a happy camper! (The "Psyc Major" who yanked your antlers...)

Reactions: AdesteAnimo
#10 ·
I'll always have a soft spot for the 65 because it was my very first gun. I bought one at a pawn shop for $200 in the early 90's. It's not as bulky as a L frame, and it carries well. Congrats on a really nice gun !

Reactions: AdesteAnimo
#12 ·
Excellent buy! Bought my wife an M65 Ladysmith 3" in 1998. Solid quality and great shooter! The 65 - 3 is a keeper! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.