Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New Canik Forum

Member #
    Liked
    984 times

New Canik Forum

Home | CANIK FANATIK FORUM

Just found out about it so I thought I'd let you guys who are interested in the Canik pistols know about it. The site is only 3 months old but growing fast.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10514 times
    Thank you for that information. If I recall, there are more than a couple of our members who are Canik fans. I'm sure they will be interested...
    panfish and FreeInAZ like this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post

Just found out about it so I thought I'd let you guys who are interested in the Canik pistols know about it. The site is only 3 months old but growing fast.
    Very nice...Cant have too many places to chat about guns you love.
    I wish Diamondback had a big forum like this.

I don't own a Canik but i hear they are really nice and guys love em.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    Talk to me about these Canik's 57K...what's the low down?

I've been seeing them listed for awhile now, at attractive priced...they've peaked my curiosity.
    -WildBillOH

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbilloh View Post
    Talk to me about these Canik's 57K...what's the low down?

I've been seeing them listed for awhile now, at attractive priced...they've peaked my curiosity.

willdbilloh, I bought the TP9sa in October 2015. It's a full size service pistol and was Canik's first with their new SAO trigger design. Minimum take-up on the trigger that's light with a very short pull while the trigger has a built-in trigger stop. For those who fuss about short reset, it doesn't get any shorter that the CANIK SAO triggers that are amazingly simple.

I was using a Ruger SR9 as a handload tester when I started hearing about the Caniks and reading reviews. For the money, I didn't see how I could go wrong. I knew that I could at least use it to test 9 x 19mm handloads. Well, it's a bit more than that and just turning 60, I'm shooting it better than any striker-fired pistol I've ever fired. My shooting partner bought an HK VP9 last year. The ergonomics and particularly what you can do with the backstraps and palm swells is amazing. BUT, it's not quite as accurate as my TP9sa and that's with my SP shooting both. People claim that the best striker-fired trigger is on the Walther PPQ, well, that was probably true until Canik designed their SAO trigger. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I'm pretty sure mine was 5# or less, out-of-the-box and even better today.

The TP9sa got slammed a bit in some poor reviews because it retained the decocker atop the slide as the TP9 DA/SA had. This was to satisfy some European militaries and for the US, liability concerns because when you disassemble you can decock the pistol eliminating the need to pull the trigger before removing the slide. That was really a non-issue for me, but how anyone could find a way to accidentally decock one of these pistols would seem impossible except that in todays world, some find a way to have an NG disassembling their pistols where the trigger must be pulled to remove the slide.

Nonetheless, Canik took note and brought out an identical model except for deleting the decocker. That's the TP9SF and the trigger must be pulled to remove the slide. Their competition pistol was supposed to be the next model released, but what I've heard, it somehow got back-up in BATFE evaluation, so their next pistol available became the TP9SF Elite. A good many people feel that the G19 is about the perfect carry gun with its shorter grip and 15 round mags. And we know that Walther and HK followed suit, and more recently, the CZ P-10. Myself, I'd buy the Canik TP9SF Elite ahead of any of them. They further reduced the trigger by another 1/2#, the barrel is just slightly longer at 4.2" and of no consequence carried IWB while the grip is just as short as the G19s but at the conventional angle most of us are more used to. And, it's right around $400.

The pistol that will put Canik on the map once and for all is the 5.2" competition model that is finally available. Canik claims a "Match" grade barrel. It's Cold Hammer Forged but has cut button rifling. The expected service life of these pistols has grown from 50,000 rounds to 60,000 rounds while the competition model is spec'd to still shoot 2.5" groups at 25 yards AFTER 60,000 rounds. Something I checked on personally before I ordered is these pistols are rated for 9mm +P. The chambers are long enough to take loads that are likely too long for the magazine, so there are no OACL restrictions for your handloads. To date, the longest handload I've checked was with the 147 gr. XTP @ 1.161"/29.5mm and they ran easily through the mags. That's as long as I load JHPs and usually with 147 gr. JHPs. This is the TP9SFx. It comes with 2 - 20 round mags and 4 optic plates included to cover just about any brand of optic on the market. I've seen prices as low as $460, but some show them out of stock. They are literally selling as fast as dealers can get them.

Name:  TP9sfx.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  174.1 KB
    Last edited by 57K; 04-03-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    wildbilloh, FreeInAZ and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    26091 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post

The CZ forum has an area where Canik and other Clones are discussed as well.
    nice forum and not any back biting and such, knowledgeable folks seem to hang out there as well.
    of course VERY CZ leaning conversations.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    The CZ 75 copies are covered on the new forum as well, while the admin just added a section for Sarsilmaz firearms also. Century Arms has had some participation with the new forum as well.
    FreeInAZ likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    Wow...that's the low down I was after 57K...thanks so much!

I have been looking at the TP9SF in light tan for a few months now...keep seeing them popping up for ridiculously low prices (running $280ish right now via slickguns). I'd be tempted to snag one up asap, except for my recent gun buying spree. In fact, picking the new Para up tonight hopefully.

I'm definitely adding it to the list. I wonder how it will compare to my XD(M)'s. It might be a summer purchase.

Thanks again for the write up, very informative!
    57K likes this.
    -WildBillOH

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5928 times
    I echo all what member 57K said. I own the gun the TP9's are clones of, the Walther P99. While the Walther is a fine gun my TP9S's are superior in every way except for the finish. That's their only weak point IMHO. The cerakote finish is too thin and had started to wear off the front left corner of the one I carry after only a weeks time of light to moderate carry. So if you carry the SA/SF models in anything firmer than a nylon holster (poly or leather for instance) expected finish wear quickly. It's a minor flaw but I would not be telling you the truth without disclosing it. For a $300-$350 pistol it's one of the best 9mm on the market IMHO & extremely accurate in my experience.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-03-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    57K likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5928 times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links