Liked
    5928 times

Member #
    Liked
    293 times
    Were does Trister fit into the mix ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    57K, taurustoter and jwc007 like this.
    The fact that there's a "Stairway to Heaven" and a "Highway to Hell" tells us something about the expected traffic volumes.

Member #
    Liked
    7536 times
    Tristar is Canik. I joined the forum just for the Sarsilmaz threads.
    57K likes this.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    985 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    I echo all what member 57K said. I own the gun the TP9's are clones of, the Walther P99. While the Walther is a fine gun my TP9S's are superior in every way except for the finish. That's their only weak point IMHO. The cerakote finish is too thin and had started to wear off the front left corner of the one I carry after only a weeks time of light to moderate carry. So if you carry the SA/SF models in anything firmer than a nylon holster (poly or leather for instance) expected finish wear quickly. It's a minor flaw but I would not be telling you the truth without disclosing it. For a $300-$350 pistol it's one of the best 9mm on the market IMHO & extremely accurate in my experience.

FreeInAZ, the thin Cerakote is the only complaint I've had with mine and very similar to the condition you describe. I emailed Century Arms, they asked for pics and after I sent them, they replied "normal wear." I emailed Cerakote because this is my first pistol with the Cerakote finish. They said short of any abuse, it was pre-mature wear. Century Arms still balked and maybe I have some reasons for their attitude. 1. they are not set up to refinish Cerakote in the US and 2. If you go to the new CanikUSA website you'll notice something different and peculiar as compared to the Canik site in Turkey. The Canik USA site gives no description for finish for the TP9sa and the pistols that came before. For the SF and later model, the Elite and the new SFx they state Cerakote over Phosphate. My opinion is that they were not properly applying the Cerakote before the SF model and later, and obviously, they don't want to have to replace slides and barrels because of finish wear issues. Shipping pistols back to Turkey to have them refinished would not go over well considering the time involved.

For those interested, if you want to avoid the finish issue, buy the SF, SF Elite or the new SFx. But, that is my opinion and Century Arms is not likely to validate it.
    wildbilloh and FreeInAZ like this.

Member #
    Liked
    985 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kjphilippona View Post
    Were does Trister fit into the mix ?

TriStar is a different importer that I believe had a deal to import shotguns from Turkey, then got the rights to import the CZ Copies and were largely referred to as Canik 55. When the TP9 was introduced, I'm not sure that anyone had exclusive rights to import, but Century Arms ended up getting the poly pistol line. One single importer would obviously be a better situation. I've heard rumors and such, but personally, I'd like to see Canik set up shop in the US just as CZ did and became CZ USA.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post
    TriStar is a different importer that I believe had a deal to import shotguns from Turkey, then got the rights to import the CZ Copies and were largely referred to as Canik 55. When the TP9 was introduced, I'm not sure that anyone had exclusive rights to import, but Century Arms ended up getting the poly pistol line. One single importer would obviously be a better situation. I've heard rumors and such, but personally, I'd like to see Canik set up shop in the US just as CZ did and became CZ USA.
    IF they wait just a little longer there may be a plant available in Miami!!!------
    FreeInAZ and 57K like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5928 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    IF they wait just a little longer there may be a plant available in Miami!!!------
    Quoted for truth contained within!

Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-04-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    57K likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3981 times
    Nice post -- I might have to check those out.
    FreeInAZ and 57K like this.

gcs
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I have owned my Canik TP9SA for over a year. The only issue I encountered was when I shot aluminum cased rounds through it. There was a FTE and have NEVER shot those again and have also NEVER had any issues since!

Member #
    Liked
    5360 times
    I joined there since i have been considering the Canik TP9SA. They feel good in the hand and have a good rep. I have been concerned with the Lofgren availability of parts and also comparing them to the SD9VE and the MP9 S&W lines. I handled the SAR9 but thought the trigger was odd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links