RIA/Tanfoglio MAP1 problems and fixes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: RIA/Tanfoglio MAP1 problems and fixes

Member #
    Liked
    7115 times
    This is a great story...because you wouldn't give up on the gun. Had a similar story with my CZ40P, also a hard gun to find, at least nowadays. After trying different magazines, I finally found some that worked right. I then had to narrow down ammo choices to those with bullets with narrower flat noses. I now have a gun that's a dream to shoot and works all the time. Don't give up on those good guns, folks.
    jwc007 likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21028 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter View Post
    I have no idea how a manufacturer could screw up the selection of an extractor spring on a gun that's as old a design as the CZ-75.
    It's not necessarily the basic design of the spring, but the quality of manufacture of that spring. Particularly the metallurgy of that Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    Well I might just have to order up some of those extractor springs.

My LGS will have it on Thursday and I will go in on Saturday to start the paperwork on it.
    Also get some Mec-Gar Cz75B Magazines, as the original Factory Magazines are typically junk!

Note that you will need to trim one coil off the Wolff Extra Power Extractor Spring for it to fit.
    Also, the trimmed end should rest in the Slide Extractor Spring cup and the finished end against the Extractor lever end.

Good Luck with it and I hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellows1 View Post
    Very nice review. Do you think the extractor spring could be the issue on other guns with failure to extract as well?
    Thankyou! Extractor issues must be addressed in a case by case manner. They are however very critical to the functioning/feeding of any Semi-Auto.
    When I look into a malfunctioing Semi-Auto, I look at the Magazine first, the Extractor second. Extractor Spring quality is important and they may wear out with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    This is a great story...because you wouldn't give up on the gun.
    Thankyou! That was one of my main points of this thread and you got it! Very often it's one small detail that can keep an otherwise well made firearm from working properly.
    I was also bound and determined to have a current small frame Tanfoglio based 9mm handgun without resorting to buying a large frame conversion Pistol from EAA that needed fancy expensive Magazines to work.
    The Armscore/RIA/Tanfoglio MAP1 series was one of my only options other than trying to get a Witness Classic that is only imported in small numbers and always sold out within a day.
    Last edited by jwc007; 12-23-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    1569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc007 View Post

Also get some Mec-Gar Cz75B Magazines, as the original Factory Magazines are typically junk!

Note that you will need to trim one coil off the Wolff Extra Power Extractor Spring for it to fit.
    Also, the trimmed end should rest in the Slide Extractor Spring cup and the finished end against the Extractor lever end.

Good Luck with it and I hope you enjoy it!

That's interesting on the magazines. I wonder where they're getting them from. I have several Italian and Turkish made magazine that work great so if the Armscor one don't work I'm OK for now but will keep the Mec-Gar's in mind.
    jwc007 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links