New SAR B6P Temptation - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: New SAR B6P Temptation

  1. #21
    Administrator

    Member #
    107
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, Illinois
    Posts
    16,440
    Liked
    21126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    I noticed that the compact model is left handed person friendly! I had not seen that in a SAR before. Is it a special order or custom work?
    The Ambi-Dextrous Safety is standard on the SAR K2P Semi-Compact, only. It would have been nice if Sarsilmaz had made Ambi-Safeties standard across the line.
    RScottie likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

    For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Member #
    32073
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    1,622
    Liked
    1587 times
    Took my Sar B6P out again yesterday. Yup, still one of my favorites.

    olfarhors, jwc007 and ColoradoJim like this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Member #
    15068
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky
    Posts
    14,134
    Liked
    24769 times
    You said that you carried the K2P concealed.

    May I ask what manner? IWB? AIWB?

    I ask because I think my choice has come down to the B6P Compact vs the K2P and I would like the ability to carry concealed if necessary.

    MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Administrator

    Member #
    107
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, Illinois
    Posts
    16,440
    Liked
    21126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    You said that you carried the K2P concealed.

    May I ask what manner? IWB? AIWB?

    I ask because I think my choice has come down to the B6P Compact vs the K2P and I would like the ability to carry concealed if necessary.
    IWB, appendix position. Have also carried it IWB just behind my right hip ( 4 o'clock ) but I found that more problematic and uncomfortable.
    I also have a special jacket with a holster sewn in under my left arm for right/cross-draw, that works out real well.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

    For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Member #
    15068
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky
    Posts
    14,134
    Liked
    24769 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc007 View Post
    IWB, appendix position. Have also carried it IWB just behind my right hip ( 4 o'clock ) but I found that more problematic and uncomfortable.
    I also have a special jacket with a holster sewn in under my left arm for right/cross-draw, that works out real well.
    Did you have any issue with the grip being too long to conceal?


    Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

    MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

  7. #26
    Administrator

    Member #
    107
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, Illinois
    Posts
    16,440
    Liked
    21126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Did you have any issue with the grip being too long to conceal?
    Not on my personal frame. The distinct problems I did have were the Grip Tang/Beaver tail either getting caught in a sweater ( 4 o'clock ) or poking me (appendix carry).
    I still occasionally carry the SAR K2P, but I have come to favor Hammerless/Striker Fired Pistols for most of my concealed carry for the above reasons.
    Most notably, my original Taurus 24/7 Pro, S&W SW9VE, and Canik TP9 V1. I also have the Taurus PT111 G1 and PT709 for really deep concealment.
    Last edited by jwc007; 10-25-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    RScottie likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

    For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    Member #
    32073
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    1,622
    Liked
    1587 times
    I have a question for you.

    I've been thinking about carrying my B6P but would like to carry it hammer down on a loaded chamber.

    Thing is that I would like to have the safety off. Would it be safe to carry this way?

    Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

  9. #28
    Administrator

    Member #
    107
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, Illinois
    Posts
    16,440
    Liked
    21126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    I've been thinking about carrying my B6P but would like to carry it hammer down on a loaded chamber.

    Thing is that I would like to have the safety off. Would it be safe to carry this way?
    In general, yes! Perfectly valid method of carry! That is the way I normally carry my SAR K2P and my other Cz75/Tanfoglio based Pistols.
    As long as you've got the technique for safely manually decocking mastered, you're good to go!

    Note that the SAR/Tanfoglio Pistols have the Martin Tuma designed Automatic Firing Pin Safety mechanism installed.
    You won't have an impact-fire happen!
    olfarhors likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

    For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

  10. #29
    Senior Member
    Member #
    32073
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    1,622
    Liked
    1587 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc007 View Post
    In general, yes! Perfectly valid method of carry! That is the way I normally carry my SAR K2P and my other Cz75/Tanfoglio based Pistols.
    As long as you've got the technique for safely manually decocking mastered, you're good to go!

    Note that the SAR/Tanfoglio Pistols have the Martin Tuma designed Automatic Firing Pin Safety mechanism installed.
    You won't have an impact-fire happen!
    I knew that either CZ or Tanfoglio had that safety. I just couldn't remember which one.

    Thank you. 😎

    Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

  11. #30
    Administrator

    Member #
    107
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, Illinois
    Posts
    16,440
    Liked
    21126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    I knew that either CZ or Tanfoglio had that safety. I just couldn't remember which one.

    Thank you. 
    You are most Welcome!

    The Cz75B, other later Cz production handguns, and the TriStar/Canik Cz Clones, also have Automatic Firing Pin Safeties, but they differ in design.

    It is said that one design may be better than the other, but when it has come down to my pulling the trigger on either, my Targets have not noticed the difference, and neither do I.
    Last edited by jwc007; 11-01-2016 at 07:32 PM.
    morrcarr67 and olfarhors like this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

    For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Temptation
    By Fishinkeylargo in forum Modern Sporting Rifles & Pistols - All AR Type Guns
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 06:20 PM
  2. Resisted temptation and didn't buy model 431 in 2.5 inch barrel
    By Tracker Backer C45 in forum Taurus Revolvers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 06:31 PM
  3. TEMPTATION AND NO MONEY
    By Robby in forum Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 08:44 PM

Search tags for this page

b6p extractor
,
eaa sar b6 half cock trigger
,

my evevryday carry is sar b6pc

,
sar b6p
,
sar b6p iwb & shoulder carry
,
sar b6pc lefthand model
,
sar k2p grip
,
sars 9mm
,
sarsilmaz k2p 9mm
,

shooters forum sar b6pc

Click on a term to search for related topics.