Strange gunshow find - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Strange gunshow find

Member #
    Liked
    291 times
    Thanks, I thought it was pretty nice looking to. The auction that Glenwolde linked to pretty much describes it. Its funny though how mine seems to be in somewhat better condition than most. There are no real brand names other than a Eibar 1927 on it. It does say "Alamo Ranger, 38 S&W Special Crtgs, 38 Cal" on the barrel. Maybe means you can shoot 38 Colt out of it as well?

I was worried about how strong it and Spanish revolvers were in general, and the local gun smith happened to be there at the show so I asked him about it and was told that he heard stories of them being weak, but has never seen one fail. Chalked it up to being possibly old time brand bashing. The only thing left to do is to take a chance and shoot it. I don't think ill have a problem though. If anything, ill probably end up selling it because of the absolutely horrible trigger pull. Its Nagant bad, and I can only pull the trigger a few times before my hand gets sore/tired out. Looks good in a holster though.

Member #
    Liked
    5037 times
    Cool lookin' wheelie!
    "How monotonously alike all the great tyrants and conquerors have been: how gloriously different are the saints." - C.S. Lewis
    "If Ewoks can carry guns responsibly, then so can I!" - Me
    Montani Semper Liberi!

Member #
    Liked
    291 times
    Back from the range!

It seems to handle my reloads with no problems at all. And the grips seem to almost completely negate any felt recoil as it just rolls back in my hand. The grips are some of the best that I've ever felt. It went thru three cylinders full with not problems at all. After a good cleaning, the action has proven to be very smooth.

Now for the bad....I couldn't hit a human sized target that well at all with it at 7 yards. I only managed to get three out of twelve shots on the paper as it seems to shoot really high. I couldn't hit the foam block at all either except when I fired double action from the hip(its a point shooting gun I suppose) up close(4 yards?). The trigger pull is so stiff that I developed a sore on my trigger finger tying to pull the trigger in DA. SA is almost as bad as it causes my hand to shake just trying to pull the trigger. Then there is my lack of the ability to create a witty expresson of just how badly it stacks in DA. I'm figuring that the heavy trigger combined with my noob attempt at reloads and trigger control results in less than stellar accuracy. In short, a somewhat disappointing range trip. Perhaps it can work as a poor mans BBQ gun as it still has the cool factor IMO?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    27069 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Willboat View Post
    Ditto! That's a great looking wheelie. I sometimes take for granted having a big enough chunk of land and neighbors happy to have a practiced shooter next door. Tomorrow morning, after church, I'll be picking up my latest toy, Springfield Armory XDS 45, and as fast as I get out of my suit and tie, I'll be lighting it up in the backyard.
    Shoot and enjoy your new gun in good health.
    OH GOSH!!!! You on the right forum?????? SUIT AND TIE??????
    KIDDING!

WAIT is that jeans, and a denim jacket and a bandana?
    HD-Mike likes this.
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

YES, I am a "bean people" !

Member #
    Liked
    3203 times
    congrats thats a fine looking pistola

jhp

it is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    Get a gun and GET TRAINING. Training is the key to making proper and responsible decisions in the use of deadly force and training is the key to expertly defending yourself in an unavoidable lethal encounter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links