Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum
    Member #
    Liked
    2313 times

Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse today and finally picked up another Ruger SP-101. (My last one I sold 2 years ago at a gun show---sorry I did that) Anyway, when I got to the checkout they were running a promotion where you pop a balloon and inside is a percentage off of your total. Lucky me I picked one with 50% off and walked out with the Ruger and a Hogue Monogrip for $210 with tax. (The stock grips that Ruger puts on this fine firearm are HORRIBLE) I've been smiling all day since I left the store.
    In Loving Memory---Anthony 10/12/1998 - 3/26/2010

Member #
    Liked
    8417 times

Re: Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum

Ruger SP101s are very nice guns. Had one .38 Special for a while and then traded it out to get a P97. Wish I had kept the SP101 and traded something else. Now there is a relative who has wrist and arm troubles. Suggested that since he had to go to the .32 H&R magnum cartridge for Cowboy shooting events why not pick up a SP101 in that caliber. They may come used only now, but can be found on-line at auctions or for sale locally at the many gunshops that dot the area. He can shoot local IDPA with it and it can give a decent level of protection, if needed, compared to other .32 calibers. The nice thing about the .357 magnum is that if you desire to use the power there are .357 magnum lite loads or full house ones that can be used.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

NYPD, I'd call that a real nice score. Did you go out and buy a lottery ticket afterwards?

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2313 times

Actually, I did play Powerball afterwards but unfortunately did not win anything.

My previous SP-101 had over 5,000 rounds through it no problem. Definitely can handle the hottest of .357 loads on a consistent basis. By far, the most solid reliable snubby on the market bar none.
    In Loving Memory---Anthony 10/12/1998 - 3/26/2010

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Great gun at a great price. Your eally walked out with a heck of a deal! Now, go out and put some rounds through it!

Todd
    You are talking about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind!!! (Frederick von Frankenstein in Young Frankenstein)

Sponsored Links