Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Extended slide lock for Glock - installed on my S&W SD9VE

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  silverstring 
#1 ·
My old fat fingers and nails constantly take a beating when I take down my SD9. Since the SD9VE has very similar frame parts as a Glock - I thought I would try installing a Lone Wolf extended slide lock release lever for Glock on my pistol. Used a 1/8 inch punch , depressed the slide lock leaf spring - while holding the spring down - slid out the old lock release. Verified they are the same dimensions - except the new one is obviously about 2-3 mm longer. Depressed spring and slid the lock release in. Slide works like usual - and rounds cycle. I will take out in a few weeks for a range test, but all looks good. And oh is it easier to take down the SD9 now. Purchased for $10.45 off of Ebay - free ship.

#2 ·
Do you have a local gun shop that would stock the Glock release?! Laying them side-by-side or comparing shop drawings would be a big help.

I love the extended slide and mag release on Glocks - I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: silverstring
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.