Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: AR Magazine Storage

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46732 times

AR Magazine Storage

I have one from Mag Storage Solutions that was gifted to me by my BIL but at 35.00 each I didn't rush out to buy more. It holds both 20 and 30 rounders but one is certainly not enough for what is in storage for me. Here's another sold on Amazon, but it has to stand on a flat surface like a shelf.

https://www.amazon.com/LOCKDOWN-2229.../dp/B00KY5TV24

My pistol mags are on magnetic tool strips from HF...two screwed onto a board an inch or two apart is enough to secure loaded mags.

Looking for some ideas of homemade racks or inexpensive ones that would hang under a shelf or screw to a wall. What do you guys do?
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Looks like the lower base comes off for hanging on the one from amazon. See the picture of it in the gun safe.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46732 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Matheny View Post
    Looks like the lower base comes off for hanging on the one from amazon. See the picture of it in the gun safe.
    A couple of those could do the trick. I also found these but they appear to only work with P Mags or others with an extended floor plate.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5986557...imate-magazine
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33882 times
    I keep my full mags in plastic green containers like I show below. Nothing fancy. It holds about 27 magazines, which works out to 810 rounds per container.

Czechbikr, Tracker627 and CJS3 like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    28625 times
    AHH, I have them stacked up like fire wood along side the Ammo Cabinet in the MAN CAVE!
    course three are stored with the 300 Blackout, one in the gun.
    I figure IF 90 rounds of 220 grain 300 BO don't fix the problem I will just get out my 38 Super!
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1862 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    A couple of those could do the trick. I also found these but they appear to only work with P Mags or others with an extended floor plate.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5986557...imate-magazine
    Just purchased in (color grey) for 16 magazines. Now I just have to find my magazines.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46732 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Just purchased in (color grey) for 16 magazines. Now I just have to find my magazines.
    I'll be interested to learn what you think...when you find both!

I saw this on the same link when I looked again. Very interesting carbine storage.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7387654...ng_top-3&frs=1
    Taurus1965 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2901 times
    I would have to buy at least 5 of those. I have mine in a large heavy duty ammo container and weighs about what Texastaurusguy said.
    william likes this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    My son gave me an MTM Mag Can for Christmas. I use that and an extra MTM .50 cal box for AR mags. plus I have a range/go bag. I also bought the MTM for AK mags. too.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    PT92 - Tracker 627 - PT111 G2

For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world.

Ephesians 6:12

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46732 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker627 View Post
    My son gave me an MTM Mag Can for Christmas. I use that and an extra MTM .50 cal box for AR mags. plus I have a range/go bag. I also bought the MTM for AK mags. too.
    I looked those up...they look very nice!
    Tracker627 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links