Thread: PWS Piston Drive AR Pistol

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24005 times

PWS Piston Drive AR Pistol

I think I could go for something like this:

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46022 times
    I'm thinking the price tag is north of 1500? I'm not that interested to even look. My 7.5" DI with the Shockwave Brace is about as far as I'll go into this style of shooting.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    5161 times
    I built a Adams Arms piston AR-15 about 10 years ago and love the way it functions and keeps itself clean. Cost me about $175 more than the standard AR I build and worth every penny.
    jwc007 and taurustoter like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21930 times
    Only three posts in this thread, and now I'm thinking I need a piston AR-15 pistol. (Note that I skipped "want" and went directly to "need.") Enablers R Us, indeed.
    Czechbikr, jwc007 and taurustoter like this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46022 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Only three posts in this thread, and now I'm thinking I need a piston AR-15 pistol. (Note that I skipped "want" and went directly to "need.") Enablers R Us, indeed.
    hmmmm...is it possible or even economical to convert my DI 5.56 pistol to piston?
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24005 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    hmmmm...is it possible or even economical to convert my DI 5.56 pistol to piston?
    Yes! Adams Arms and other conversion kit makers may have a conversion kit, but Barrel length and Gas Port location are the critical measurements for determining compatibility.

https://www.adamsarms.net/kits
    Czechbikr likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33517 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I'm thinking the price tag is north of 1500? I'm not that interested to even look. My 7.5" DI with the Shockwave Brace is about as far as I'll go into this style of shooting.
    I've always thought that the price was closer to $2,000 for a piston driven AR. Maybe I'm wrong.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    5161 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    I've always thought that the price was closer to $2,000 for a piston driven AR. Maybe I'm wrong.
    I'm sure you can spend over 2 grand, but buying a AR build kit plus the Adams $220 piston kit makes it really affordable. And yes Adams has different kits for your size of barrel including a pistol kit.
    jwc007 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Yes. I dislike it too, but my wife HATES it.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46022 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    I'm sure you can spend over 2 grand, but buying a AR build kit plus the Adams $220 piston kit makes it really affordable. And yes Adams has different kits for your size of barrel including a pistol kit.
    The part that intrigues me the most is the lessening of the muzzle blast. I may send them an inquiry with the specs of my AR pistols and see what they think. Heck, the standard mil-spec BCG could be liquidated for probably 80-90 bucks or more in the current environment to offset the cost.
    Bruntson likes this.

Sponsored Links