Bought another.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bought another.

Member #
    Liked
    3879 times

Bought another.

Three days ago, I decided to buy another MSR. This one is the Del Ton Echo 316H, with a 10" Midwest Industries MLOK free float hand guard. I installed a set of UTG BUIS, and a SIG Romeo MSR Red Dot with a 2 MOA dot.

The BCG is a standard Del Ton AR-15 affair, with a H1 buffer, but I picked up a M-16 profile Nickle Boron coated Aero Precision BCG to use in it as well. I will see how it does in the morning...planning a range trip.

brojohn, jwc007, lbv361 and 9 others like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    20541 times
    Nice purchase! Congrats. Can't have too many!
    taurustoter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3085 times
    Congrats on your new EBR. (Evil Black Rifle)
    taurustoter likes this.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28228 times
    Savage--war mionger--deplorable person!!!
    taurustoter likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3879 times
    Welp, I took it to the range this morning, and it shot better than I did! What I mean by that is that the sun was in my face, and with my 55 year old eyes, I was not as accurate as I wanted to be, dialing in the irons...sigh. Sure hard to believe I have my third award bar for my expert badge in the Marines...well, those were much younger eyes then.

I got the irons sighted in at a 50 yard zero, what I do with all my .223/5.56 rifles, and was able to print a one inch group with them. Guess I have to settle with 2 MOA with my eyes and irons, but was doing better with the SIG RD. The best group with it was about 3/4"....that will have to do. The sun's glare off my front sight post was not helping either, enough for excuses.

The standard AR-15 BCG ran fine, throwing the .223 Remi cases at around the 2-3 O'Clock position, about eight feet away...just a tad "over-gassed". The Aero Precision M-16 BCG calmed things down just a bit, throwing the brass at about the 4-5 O'Clock position, around six feet away. Looks like I'll run the H-1 buffer with that AR-15 BCG, and the standard 3 ounce buffer with the Aero.

The rifle ran 100% with 62 grain Barnaul zinc plated steel, Tula 55 grain steel cased, Federal brass cased 55 grain, and Winchester brass cased 55 grain "White Box" ammo. I ran the standard USGI aluminum magazine and the Magpul types, with all the above ammo, and they worked fine with both BCG's. Cleaning the Nickle Boron BCG was a breeze, but the Phosphate coated BCG was, as you all know, military tough to clean up.

I took some ten rounds to the 300 yard steel gong, with the RD, and hit it seven of ten times. If there would have been ten bad guys down there, seven of them would have went down. I am sure if I scoped this one, like my other with the 1.5-4 power Leupold on it, it would have been ten dead bad guys, but I digress. For what I bought this one and set it up for, it does good enough.

Happy with this one too!
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    28228 times
    I noticed that my guns are getting more and more accurate as well??
    and my eyes seem to becoming more in need to adjustment as well!
    so yep my guns are more accurate than I am as well.
    but I can still hit a humanoid size target out to 40-50 yards with almost all my handguns and a 10 inch circle with most all my rifles out to 100 or so yards , so I can live with battlefield accuracy as well.
    this rioting continues I may be able to actually get some battle field practice unfortunately.
    I am thankful for that big old concrete Fire Break known as I-285 between me and Atlanta.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    2448 times
    Congrats on your new MSR.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45472 times
    Congratulations on the new rifle! In the words of the immortal Emmylou... "addiction stays on tight like a glove"...
    taurustoter likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    I'm a big fan of Nickle Boron BCG too! They clean up so much easier that the standard phosphate BCG and I love the look of the silver BCG peaking out of the ejection port. I call it "AR Cleavage".
    Czechbikr and taurustoter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    23342 times
    Every time I see this thread my mind reads "Del Ton Echo" as ..."Del Taco"
    taurustoter likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links