.50 Beowulf - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: .50 Beowulf

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Found a decent deal on ammo so I ordered 60 rounds. That should be enough for the first range trip and will give me brass to reload. Also ordered a few big bore followers for a few of my AR-15 magazines for more reliable feeding.

Wonder if I can use my .500 S&W dies to reload the .50 Beowulf. Guess I'll have to check the reloading forums online. Edit That would be a no. The .50 Beowulf has a slight taper of .010" from neck to base.
    Last edited by Fishinkeylargo; 04-01-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Dang, got an email last night item shipped, estimated to be here Friday. Now if I wanted it here right away I'm sure it would have been delayed.
    God bless America. And, PICS !!
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Upper just came in. Pictures taken while UPS driver still unloading truck. When I get home I need to fit it to one of my uppers and check to see if I have an H2 buffer as required.

Name:  IMG_5372.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  2.37 MB

Name:  IMG_5373.jpg
Size:  2.46 MB

Name:  IMG_5375.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  2.64 MB
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Magazine followers will be here tomorrow.
    Ammo still has not shipped. Called local shop they don't have any. Guess no shooting it this weekend.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Put the .50 Beowulf upper on the basic lower I have from a fun budget AR build I did. Looks good however I think I may want to build an A2 rifle stock lower for it. What do you think, would the A2 rifle stock lower look better?

Name:  IMG_5381.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  4.64 MB

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Magazine followers came in today as well. Ordered 3 and swapped out followers in 3 magazines. Here is a picture of the new follower vs original .223 follower both in and out of the magazine. New follower is back and helps keep the cartridges centered in single stack form compared to a typical double stack .223 magazine.

Name:  IMG_5384.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  530.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5382.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  255.2 KB
    Yissnakk likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1773 times
    Bear creek upper? May want to put the Dremel to work and take a half moon out of the front of the magazine's. Had do it with my .458 socom magazines to get reliable feeding. I also polished my feed ramp a little.
    Fishinkeylargo and Yissnakk like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Bear creek upper? May want to put the Dremel to work and take a half moon out of the front of the magazine's. Had do it with my .458 socom magazines to get reliable feeding. I also polished my feed ramp a little.
    Yes Bear Creek. I read about using a Dremel on the magazines. When I get ammo, hopefully next week, I'll load some up and see if I need to use the Dremel.
    Taurus1965 and Yissnakk like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33103 times
    I like that AR platform as is ! Looks like you're gonna be having some real fun once that ammo comes in.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1773 times
    Here is photo of my completed Bear creek .458 socom build. Love shooting it.Name:  socom.jpg
Size:  116.2 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links