Do you like the 5.7X28? Do you have $1K burning a hole in your pocket?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Do you like the 5.7X28? Do you have $1K burning a hole in your pocket?

Member #
    Liked
    1712 times

Do you like the 5.7X28? Do you have $1K burning a hole in your pocket?

Well if you answered yes to both questions you came to the right place. CMMG has just launched their new 5.7X28 uppers for the AR15 platform. I think it's pretty cool to see the 5.7X28 having so many new guns chambered in it. It's too bad that CMMG isn't doing like Ruger is and making this affordable.

Here's the link for those of you who can spend that much on an upper and 2 magazines for a caliber that will cost you a ton of money to feed.

https://cmmginc.com/product/upper-gr...ign=57arc_3pal

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17769 times
    Well they certainly hold that in high regard. I wonder how long it'll be before PSA or Anderson decides to sell an option at half the price?
    MoKen and morrcarr67 like this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    1745 times
    I would love to have an AR pistol in 5.7. Come on PSA!
    william likes this.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    862 times
    It’s a niche caliber at best. I had a FN FiveSeven and sold it.

1. it was mostly a range toy
    2. Ammo is pricey and sometimes a challenge to find
    3. In an AR15, there is no advantage over .223 or 5.56 NATO
    4. 223 ammo is cheaper with more variety plus is readily available

I literally sold my FiveSeven to a used car dealer in Houston who wanted it bad just prior to Ruger’s version coming out. He wanted it for protection at his car lot in Houston.
    olfarhors and morrcarr67 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1745 times
    If you take a limited view the sure it's a niche cartridge. What new cartridge doesn't have people say that about them?
    In an AR pistol chassis it would be far more efficient that 5.56, ie less blast and unburned powder. And in any pistol more penetration and less recoil loaded to milspec.
    Should be cool round to handload for (very cautiously). The major powder companies are finally getting good data published.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Member #
    Liked
    28087 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    It’s a niche caliber at best. I had a FN FiveSeven and sold it.

1. it was mostly a range toy
    2. Ammo is pricey and sometimes a challenge to find
    3. In an AR15, there is no advantage over .223 or 5.56 NATO
    4. 223 ammo is cheaper with more variety plus is readily available

I literally sold my FiveSeven to a used car dealer in Houston who wanted it bad just prior to Ruger’s version coming out. He wanted it for protection at his car lot in Houston.
    I am sure most even slightly knowledgable people can argue plus or minus on most any caliber but to me (and I am public school educated) the only real thing I see as to some claim to fame for this particular caliber is the ability to defeat mild body armor?
    and I can 't imagine firing one of these from a pistol length AR inside a house ???
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1745 times
    It would sure as heck be better than firing a 5.56 pistol in the house.

Member #
    Liked
    28087 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MoKen View Post
    It would sure as heck be better than firing a 5.56 pistol in the house.
    HMMM?
    I don't know?
    one can only be so deaf or so blind?
    if anyone has never considered firing a weapon inside a closed area I suggest just get a pair of medium grade ear plugs and try it, that way likely you won't injure your ear drums to bad but will still get an idea, as for flash just wait until a really dark night and go out and shoot the gun.
    if at an indoor range then just lift one side of the ear muffs slightly as someone is firing a Pistol length assault rifle or even a larger caliber handgun.
    yea there are plenty of video online but the actual being there and doing it makes the point much better.
    morrcarr67 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    18532 times
    Niche yes but expanding. Ruger has come out with a 57 pistol and it's cheaper than FN. Maybe others will follow suit.

Member #
    Liked
    1745 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    HMMM?
    I don't know?
    one can only be so deaf or so blind?
    if anyone has never considered firing a weapon inside a closed area I suggest just get a pair of medium grade ear plugs and try it, that way likely you won't injure your ear drums to bad but will still get an idea, as for flash just wait until a really dark night and go out and shoot the gun.
    if at an indoor range then just lift one side of the ear muffs slightly as someone is firing a Pistol length assault rifle or even a larger caliber handgun.
    yea there are plenty of video online but the actual being there and doing it makes the point much better.
    7.7 grains of powder vs 25 gr of powder,one made for pistol, one made for rifle, both 22 cal I dunno, which do you think will make the biggest bang/flash?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links