2020 coming so AR build time
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 2020 coming so AR build time

Member #
    Liked
    856 times

2020 coming so AR build time

I'm a pessimist so with what I feel in the wind for the future I think it's time to build one last AR. Kind of a last chance before it happens thing or if nothing happens I still have an AR built.
    Not very far into it at this point, have the butt stock, buffer tube, buffer spring, and buffer. I also have the fire control group but not everything to finish the lower.
    On the subject of lowers I ordered a PSA Stealth one right now they're $39.99 + $9.00 shipping. These don't have a lot of roll marks on them hence the "Stealth" name.
    While I'm leaning towards doing either a Dissipator style or a rifle with an 18" barrel, I'll have to wait and see where the mood and the money takes me when I get to the upper.

Name:  PSA-Stealth-Lower.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  26.7 KB
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Taurus Model 80 .38 Spl. 4"
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. 5.5"

Member #
    Liked
    19558 times
    Build on! The pessimist side of me tends to rule decisions like that too.
    mingaa and Car_Doc like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2539 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    I'm a pessimist so with what I feel in the wind for the future I think it's time to build one last AR. Kind of a last chance before it happens thing or if nothing happens I still have an AR built.
    Not very far into it at this point, have the butt stock, buffer tube, buffer spring, and buffer. I also have the fire control group but not everything to finish the lower.
    On the subject of lowers I ordered a PSA Stealth one right now they're $39.99 + $9.00 shipping. These don't have a lot of roll marks on them hence the "Stealth" name.
    While I'm leaning towards doing either a Dissipator style or a rifle with an 18" barrel, I'll have to wait and see where the mood and the money takes me when I get to the upper.
    Forgive my ignorance, but when you say "build" are you talking about putting serialized parts together with permission from the ATF or are you talking about machining your own parts without getting permission from the government?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    I'm using the "royal" term BUILD as opposed to the more accurate word assemble, mostly because it's shorter and easier to spell.
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Member #
    Liked
    2449 times
    I'm using the "royal" term BUILD as opposed to the more accurate word assemble, mostly because it's shorter and easier to spell.
    Hah!........now, I always "thought" that- and wondered why the term "build" was used? I never really tried to argue the point....because I never "built" one.
    I have one, and I bought it off the shelf a couple years ago.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2539 times
    Okay, that makes sense.

I didn't realize how common this was, until I saw some black Friday advertisements where one could "snap" together a few parts and have an AR15 for around $250. I'm not a rifle guy, and have never really thought about buying one, but at that price, it's probably worth putting one together. Maybe by the time next black Friday rolls around, I'll "pull the trigger".

The firearms industry should have its own version of black Friday. Perhaps July the 4th?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11191 times
    You are right to be concerned. Especially AR's and hi cap pistols are going to be heavily regulated, taxed etc... Expect to see ammo restrictions as well rolling out to more states by 2020. The great gun days are over. Forget reciprocity, forget hearing protection act, forget bump stocks and binary triggers. I just hope my state is conservative enough to not jump on the confiscation and red flag bandwagon.
    darbo, daytonaredeye and BigBlue like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31200 times
    If I wanted another AR, I'd get an AR10 in .308. The direct impingement platform is too caliber limited and I like the .308 cartridge for game. I mean, I could get a 7.62x39 upper, I guess, but it's NO .308. I have much experience with .308, but then, I have a wonderful Remchester bolt gun in the caliber.

I guess I'm just a Fudd.....y....duddy.
    Jake3501, mingaa and Yissnakk like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    the 6.5 is a round choice for the AR-15 platform I made one for my son years ago.
    Name:  6-5-grendel-vs-6-8-ballistics_313316.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  64.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31200 times
    Yeah, 6.5 is trendy right now. I remember when the .264 Win Mag came out, didn't even make a dent in 7 Rem Mag sales. Now, 6.5 is trendy. Such is the way. I don't fix what ain't broke and the .308 has racked up quite a kill list for me. But, then, it still ain't gotten as many deer as my .257 Roberts, more hogs, though.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links