• 2 Post By oldbull360
  • 3 Post By Wingshot
  • 2 Post By oldbull360

Thread: Have you ever been so-hot-to-trot that you almost went crazy

Member #
    Liked
    955 times

Have you ever been so-hot-to-trot that you almost went crazy

I bought a NIB PT745 back in Feb. and haven't had a chance to feed it till today. That thing will shoot no FTF's or FTF's, no ejection problems (well except when I tried to find my brass), no magazine problems at all. It did shoot low and left but I can account for that. 1st I didn't bring my allen wrench to adjust the sight (was only checking for function), 2nd the low was my problem I've got to find the sweet spot on my finger. Groupings of all my shots were within 6 inches so it's fine. I did have a couple of curiosities though 1. there was a strange mark on the primers of the brass I did find it was a mark like that found on spent .22's had a indent for the striker then that darn mark. I cleaned the striker channel and broke it down but could find nothing wrong, as long as it goes boom I'm not going to worry. 2. I would like to hear from you limp wrist experts, I got a strange rebound after some shots it felt like the recoil spring was bouncing the slide, it seemed to me that when it happened my grip was a bit loose and did not feel it when using a firmer grip; So Was I Limp Wristing?? I do know this the 745 is easier on my old hands than my 709 or 738. I shot them too and I'm still looking for the sweet trigger finger spot for the 709, however, it does shoot well I'm just a bit low now. The 738, well don't get in front of me I'll can put 6 in a 3 inch circle.
    45 Forever and jwc007 like this.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." ~~ George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    weird primer mark is normal due to free float barrel; I believe the firing pins drags a little on the primer when the cartridge is forced back after ignition and the barrel tips slightly dragging on the primer/firing pin
    and I also get a little bit of hang on my rebound sometimes as well so you may be limp wristing it
    Last edited by atomiccat2002; 05-15-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1809 times
    Tight grip, tight group.
    JoshNix9, oldbull360 and MOONDAWG like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    Thanks for the reply, I get normal strike marks on the 738 and 709 but that mark on the 45 was, to me, a bit strange. As for the rebound feel I pretty much suspected it to be either a loose grip or limp wristing.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." ~~ George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    2825 times
    When I saw the title I started thinking floozy. Sorry

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    My Tauri aren't floozies samkent they are sweet little darlings.
    45 Forever and TrucksNCoffee like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2383 times
    Have you ever been so-hot-to-trot that you almost went crazy

Yeah, but she stuck with NO!

Member #
    Liked
    2825 times
    My Tauri aren't floozies samkent they are sweet little darlings.
    Yea but they are easy. And they go off with a simple squeez.

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    Quote Originally Posted by samkent View Post
    Yea but they are easy. And they go off with a simple squeez.
    As someone more famous than me once said "That's A Fact Jack". And furthermore, that simple squeeze is so completely satisfying.

Member #
    Liked
    4010 times
    Not over a gun.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

On different calibers for self-defense: If you can hit what you aim at it doesn't matter...if you can't it doesn't matter. So, it doesn't matter...aphdmansoc

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links