• 1 Post By Smokewagon
  • 1 Post By Ralph_Kirk
  • 1 Post By 777Driver

Thread: Recommendations: IWB holster to fit G2c with a Viridian E-Series laser

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Recommendations: IWB holster to fit G2c with a Viridian E-Series laser

Good morning, I'm new to this forum, so I may be posting in the wrong section, and if so being redirected would be helpful. I purchased a Taurus G2c 9mm at the end of last year, and I am looking to find a holster that fits this gun, while it has the laser attached. The laser is a Viridian E-series Red Laser, and I am looking for an IWB holster. Thanks in advance!
    777Driver likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35279 times
    You’re in the right place, and welcome to the forum!
    Nate Rec likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    3823 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Rec View Post
    Good morning, I'm new to this forum, so I may be posting in the wrong section, and if so being redirected would be helpful. I purchased a Taurus G2c 9mm at the end of last year, and I am looking to find a holster that fits this gun, while it has the laser attached. The laser is a Viridian E-series Red Laser, and I am looking for an IWB holster. Thanks in advance!
    I've been looking around for one that would fit a G2 with an Armalight laster (roughly similar in shape and position to the Veridian E-series.

At this point, I'm looking at two dealers:

https://pyntek.com/products/compact

For the Pyntek holster, you'll have to describe what you want in the text box. He does the work (he's got a YouTube video on it), but the website doesn't have an explicit dropdown for it.

Also, on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taurus-G2C-...m/274150293726
    Nate Rec likes this.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1481 times
    Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!

Like most handgun owners, I have an assortment of different holsters that I've aquired over the years. The holster that I like best is a Hybrid IWB holster from FoxX holsters (www.foxxholsters.com). I wear it at the five o'clock position, but it can be worn at any waist position you like.

I considered a Crossbreed holster, but thought they were too expensive. I also considered Alien Gear holsters, but after reading reviews of their poor customer service and late deliveries, I decided against them (this was quite a while ago, and I think they have since fixed that problem).

I chose FoxX, and I am very happy with their product. The basic IWB Hybrid cost just $39, including shipping. And it was at my door one week after I ordered it online.....ONE WEEK! You can also choose from an assortment of upgrades if you like (horsehide leather, comfort-pad backing, etc). I use the FoxX IWB Hybrid 98 percent of the time that I carry. If I wear it all day long, on a hot sticky day, without an undershirt, the leather sometimes irritates my skin. If I had ponied up the extra $12.50 for their velvet-like comfort pad, I probably wouldn't have that problem.

When I wear a suit, I sometimes use a PDA holster that looks like a cell phone holster for a big Galaxy Note cell phone, $39.95 (www.pdaholsters.com).
    I also have a Clinger “Atomic” holster which I use when I want to appendix-carry in the front. That's a good holster too, but they don't make the Atomic model anymore. Their “Stingray” model, which replaced the Atomic, is $39.95 (www.clingerholsters.com)
    Another really good holster is the Ace Dri-Matrix by Black Arch Holsters. It has a neoprene-like backing which is great against your bare-skin in hot weather, $69.95 (www.blackarchholsters.com).
    I sometimes use a “Sticky” holster when I just want to carry the gun in the cargo pockets of my shorts.

No one holster will fill all your needs, and your personal preference may be different from mine. I use all of my holsters, but the FoxX gets used the most.

Other holsters you might look at are:
    Urban Carry (www.urbancarryholsters.com)
    Kangaroo Carry (www.kangaroocarry.com)
    We The People (www.wethepeopleholsters.com)

Now I'm looking for a holster for my new Taurus TH9C. My G2C holsters don't work with it, and none of the holster makers make one for the TH9C yet. I guess this gun is so new on the scene, I'm going to have to wait for the holster makers to catch up.
    Last edited by 777Driver; 06-01-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Nate Rec likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2445 times
    Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links