G2C - DA after slide cycles - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: G2C - DA after slide cycles

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Thursday (7 days ago):
    7 DA in 45 rounds. It would go into SA if the slide was racked.

Saturday:
    Disassemble, clean, lubricate, adjust, verify operation of sear, etc.

Monday:
    Range time - speer 147 truncated cone
    3 DA in 100 rounds

So that is an improvement.

Not giving up : )
    I like the “form factor” of this handgun too much.

Member #
    Liked
    556 times
    MMMMMM I aint much on the "Glock Style Triggers" Possible drop safety issues? Had M&P full size (traded to Taurus 945) that was one of the first issues it had no sa after trigger pull I had to pull all apart use 1200g sandpaper cleaned the channel/sanded then the block itself clean/sanded, sear mothers mag polish ONLY no sandpaper, As Glock Style triggers are pulled pushes drop safety Upwards had to clean & sandpaper safety button/channel it rides in (machine marks). Sent back to Smith & Wesson Twice on return on second time Dealer had a Pt945 in Stainless...Well Taurus Still Runs The M&P went back once more that I know of. Glock Style Triggers (Unless Ruger`s SR Line) Seem to be plagued with issue after issue. Give me a first Gen Taurus PT all day long.
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I kept working on it as KeepTinkering suggested.

Checked the alignment of the top edge of both the DA sear (part of the trigger bar) and the SA sear (in the rear and used as the "reference" position).
    The DA Sear appeared to be cocked / rotated CW with respect to the SA sear.
    Pulled the trigger , locking block and action from the pistol.
    Verified the top of the trigger bar is smooth without any rough spots, and the faces of the DA sear and Striker are in good shape.

Reinstalled components into the frame.
    Verified the top edge of both the DA sear and the SA sear are parallel, the trigger pulls smoothly without binding, and the SA sear is slightly higher than the DA sear.
    Verified that when the trigger is pulled fully to the rear, that the SA sear pivots down and stays down until the Disconnector is pushed down slightly.
    Verified the SA sear POPS up when the Disconnector pushes down on the trigger bar.

Then I took it to the range for a real check.
    Whoop!!! Whoop!!!
    It ran flawlessly. No malfunctions.
    One caveat is that this range trip was with American Eagle 147 instead of Speer.
    I know I should have used the same ammo, but in the midst of this pandemic, I take what I can get and my order has not arrived yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links