COVID-19 PT145 Pro Revival - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: COVID-19 PT145 Pro Revival

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47646 times
    Nice write up. I still have my PT-145 Duo Tone like yours. I carry it when I am not carrying my TCP. The gun just fits in my hand like it was made for it. It points natural, and shoots great. I think I have 6 - 10 round magazines and 2 - 12 round magazines with sleeves. Could never understand why Taurus did not make a G3 version of it. I don't ever plan on getting rid of mine.

It is hard to explain the recoil of the PT-145, really hard to believe it is a .45 ACP, the gun just distributes the recoil so well.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32602 times
    .45ACP doesn't have much powder in a cartridge as it is a low pressure round that is loaded with a fast powder. That keeps it from having a lot of recoil, much as with the 9x19. The 9x19 has a higher pressure, but the amount of powder is low, which is what matters in the recoil equation, not pressure. If you want recoil, look to the magnum revolver rounds with 15 to 20 grains of slow burning powder. I like 'em all, myself.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    30192 times
    To me the PT-145 for is size, weight and caliber is one of the "softest-recoiling" .45 ACP's extant.

It's more of a gentle push and low muzzle rise then a quick snap with a high muzzle flip.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3877 times
    Man OP, that is one big ole hole in the business end of that stubby pistol! Lol.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Kept ALL my Pt Mil Pros..."BEING ADULT" does not even EQUATE STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES, Removing yourself from gene pool by shooting yourself or in prison for murder for being stupid, Daddy always said generally with an arse beating if you choose to be stupid, you had better be tough. Now some say abuse these days but I do not play with a safety and squeeze a trigger. But hey I got "Smarter" I guess.
    Warhammer and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Member #
    Liked
    30192 times
    I've advertised my "Taurus Rescue" organization on many gun forums over the years (for all the haters and nay-sayers); but I still have empty shelves.

NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Same here. After 10 years, I haven't found a firearm I like better for concealed carry, and lord knows I've tried. Size,capacity, and ease of carry keeps it on my hip.
    WoodyUSSLUCE and MOONDAWG like this.
    NRA life member

Never underestimate the power of people with blind ideological beliefs. They will not be swayed.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32602 times
    My only REAL concern with the PT145 is the speed at which I can get it into action. I have a problem with that tiny thumb safety when I'm in a hurry. I have considered carry with the safety off, but that just goes against my common sense, like carrying a Glock. When I do carry, I've adjusted my attitude to kicking the safety off before any possible altercation. There are ways around these things.

I'm much more comfortable carrying my TH9c, though, hammer down, safety off. I have a .45 of that design. It's heavier and bulkier than the PT145, an old Ruger P90DC. I love that gun, though, fast and extremely accurate and reliable. I even have a 10 round extended mag for it if I want. That little PT145 accurate, though and considerably easier to carry. It feels like a feather on the hip and if it weren't for the striker fired thumb safety operation, would be a favorite. 9mm has PLENTY of punch, though.

Anyway, variety is a good thing. I do find myself carrying the TH9c for another reason, it's easily replaced if needed. I would HATE to lose my trusty old out of production Ruger and the PT145, but I could replace the TH9c today if necessary. I've won a lot of shoots with that P90, so I'm sort of fond of it. Yes, I probably get too attached to firearms. I tell myself, they're just tools, but, I do get attached to 'em in time if I really like the function.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 06-26-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    2049 times
    I don't have a light or laser on mine, but with the recent unrest, and since my normal EDC (LC9) is temporarily out of commission due to an OOB discharge sending the extractor into orbit, I have started carrying my PT145 with 230gr HP ammo, and a spare mag too, just in case.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34610 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I have a problem with that tiny thumb safety when I'm in a hurry.
    If I could change one thing about Taurus semiautos, that would be it; make the thumb safety wider.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links