Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Hickok45 G3 review

7K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  PilatusTurbo 
#1 ·

#2 ·
Quite a good review. I'd take it over any Glock just because of the thumb safety. And Glocks don't fit my hand at all.

For those who've held or own both, is the grip on the G3 basically the same as the PT111 G2? Because that is one of the most ergonomic grips (for me) of any poly double stack.

Reactions: jwc007 and MOONDAWG
#5 · (Edited)
I just worried about the possibility of the safety blade braking. But I like the wide, flat feel of the Keeptinking plain curve trigger. I don't miss the double strike capability...in my experience, a round that doesn't go boom the first time never will.

It's a fact, though, that the double-stack grip is fairly fat (compared to a single-stack grip), and it's true that the trigger breaks pretty far back. My hands happen to have size large palms and size medium fingers, so it works out just dandy for me. I think people with longer fingers would do very well with one of the KeepTinkering triggers that reduce the take-up and push the break farther out.

But otherwise, the features that make the G2 my favorite pistol: Compact size, 12+1 capacity, and what is essentially an SA trigger when it's fully loaded--cocked and locked just like the 1911 pistols that I trained with and carried 30 years ago.

Reactions: Taurus1965
#11 ·
I have about a dozen handguns and about half of them are revolvers. I have both in SA, SA/DA and one revolver in DAO. They range in size from a 10 ounce Spectrum to a nearly 40 ounce RIA 1911. The triggers range between very light to very heavy. The different triggers don't bother me. I think the thing that has helped me the most has been learning how to shoot a double action snub nose revolver. It has been said and I agree that if you master a double action revolver, you can shoot anything.

#15 ·
My G2's (G2 and G2C) are what inspired me to buy the G3, obviously. Trigger is better, and yes, it feels quite nice like the G2 in the hand. You won't regret the G3. The trigger dingus is more robust and overall, the trigger, is a more solid build than the G2 trigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.