2nd gun for home defense... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 2nd gun for home defense...

Member #
    Liked
    670 times
    Probably the pistol with the smaller magazine for me :-)
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Member #
    Liked
    8283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    My shotguns don't even have sights on 'em. Don't EVEN need a bead. The bead fell off of one of 'em, no bother. If I can hit a 2 ounce bird flying at 40 yards, I can hit a man across the house and much quicker than trying to align sights.

This sort of shooting requires a proper fitting shotgun, though.
    Shotgun fit is whole different level discussion. There's a whole new set of variables to start considering and that's just fitting the gun to the shooter. Then, there's the fact that dedicated house guns don't need to be set up for shooting flying targets, that means a different angle on the butt.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    8283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldghost View Post
    Shoulder stock is nice but in close quarters a shotgun can be clumsy. Get a tactical and get used to the recoil. They do sell lasers that throw an appx spread pattern. They do help with aiming and they are right. You do still aim a 12ga, they are just more forgiving. Also not bad to fire at a large piece of catdboard at 10 feet to get familiar with its spread pattern. You can always change chokes or barrels. At 10 feet, they dont open up like you would think unless you have a really short barrel. A full choke at 10 feet barely opens up at all
    I patterned my housegun at 45 feet- about the longest distance I had indoors at my apartment at that time.

Even with the Cylinder Bore tube in, I was getting patterns that kept everything inside the black of a 100 yard rifle sight in target when using #1Buck. 00Buck tended to throw one flyer out of my gun for some reason, so I settled on 16 .30 round ball instead or 8 or 9 .32's.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jtg452; 03-19-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    180 times
    For your apartment I suggest a Judge loaded with 410 buck shot and 45 lead round nose. Manageable and maneuverable with one hand also apt wall penetration.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I'm also in favor of the Judge. The Judge Magnum 3" in particular. Because of the various .410 loads, you can really customize your set up. First round of bird shot it great. Big spread to shock the intruder, then follow up with 000 buck for a nice fist size group. Barnes vor-tx is for when your eyes are clearly locked on target and they don't get the the other points.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links