Just bought a G2S. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Just bought a G2S.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33065 times
    Congrats on the G2S ! I think it will serve you well. My son has one and it's a nice gun, the trigger is a bit stiff and he needs to put a few hundred more rounds through it so that will go away. But, it's a great self defense package that's on par with the S&W Shield in size and specs.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    <quote> It is, it's a few posts on that issue and it's a split between trigger swaps and file down the hook. I'm not sure if Taurus switched out the striker guides in the S models but the Cs still had the older G2 ones. When you cock the slide back and look under, if you see orange it's the G2 style and yellow is G3. The G2 has a cut out in the striker guide for a internal gun lock no longer used. That cut sometimes causes issues so I swapped it wit the SS striker guide from lakeline.

I do have the G2 model style orange one. I might look into swapping that out as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    3820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    Good gun. I have the G2S with the chocolate brown frame and black slide. I have been happy with it since I was able to adjust the rear sight correctly (it was waaaaaay off from the factory). It has been 100% reliable. I am sure the sales numbers aren't anywhere near the G2C, but I just like the way this slightly slimmer pistol fits my hand. I hope they keep making it for a very long time.
    I would love to get my hands on the G2S, but for some reason, all the gun stores around my area, never seem to stock any of them...only seem to stock the G2C's.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    617 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    I would love to get my hands on the G2S, but for some reason, all the gun stores around my area, never seem to stock any of them...only seem to stock the G2C's.
    Go to the Shoot Point Blank in Greenwood, and ask them transfer one from Blue Ash or Dayton. Or you could call Blue Ash or Dayton to see how they handle selling to people from out of state. If you do hit the Dayton store, give me a yell and we’ll hit the range.
    (according to the web page Dayton has 4, and Blue Ash 3. Web page lists it at$205)
    I don’t know what my spirit animal might be, but I’m pretty sure it has rabies.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment does not grant the right to bear arms, that right is inherent. The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing upon that right.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    It was the first one I've ever seen one as well. Seen lots of G2Cs though.

Member #
    Liked
    9118 times
    Yes, congrats on the G2S. It's a fine pistol.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17757 times
    I picked up a G2S a few months ago. I had the same trigger drag experience you did. It improves the more rounds downrange you put through it. There are aftermarket triggers that you can install if it becomes a big issue, but I think you'll notice it less as time goes by.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    I picked up a G2S a few months ago. I had the same trigger drag experience you did. It improves the more rounds downrange you put through it. There are aftermarket triggers that you can install if it becomes a big issue, but I think you'll notice it less as time goes by.
    I notice it mainly in the take up from the initial first pull. After that, I shoot from reset and it is mostly a non-issue.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Greetings!
    The very first tupperware pistol I purchased back in the day was a 709...which seems to be the G2C's baby-daddy, and they were running about $275 back then - so $260 isn't a bad price at all! I got my G2C from a local dealer that matched what the online giants would have charged less FFL fees ($15) and sales tax (6%) so a lot of those on-line prices should be taken with a grain of salt.

Save the receipt.
    The dates on the next Taurus rebates may pleasantly surprise you.

Stern Shot:

I bought some Lakeline bits for the G2C which also seem to be intended for the G2S.
    I got the SS striker guide hoping to alieviate the 'catch' in the trigger. It helped a little but I'm thinking that I'm going to have to finish running about 500 rounds through the weapon before I do some trigger work.

Lakeline was fast, courteous, reasonably priced AND they only charge postal rates for their "handling fees" which in my case was something like $3.

I recommend them!!
    Historyjunkie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ETC(SS) View Post
    Greetings!
    The very first tupperware pistol I purchased back in the day was a 709...which seems to be the G2C's baby-daddy, and they were running about $275 back then - so $260 isn't a bad price at all! I got my G2C from a local dealer that matched what the online giants would have charged less FFL fees ($15) and sales tax (6%) so a lot of those on-line prices should be taken with a grain of salt.

Save the receipt.
    The dates on the next Taurus rebates may pleasantly surprise you.

Stern Shot:

I bought some Lakeline bits for the G2C which also seem to be intended for the G2S.
    I got the SS striker guide hoping to alieviate the 'catch' in the trigger. It helped a little but I'm thinking that I'm going to have to finish running about 500 rounds through the weapon before I do some trigger work.

Lakeline was fast, courteous, reasonably priced AND they only charge postal rates for their "handling fees" which in my case was something like $3.

I recommend them!!
    Thanks for your very detailed post. I will probably get the SS recoil assembly and striker guide just because I hate plastic internals on guns.

Plastic frames and triggers are acceptable I guess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links