• 5 Post By silverstring
  • 1 Post By Adamwest436
  • 1 Post By lee n. field

Thread: Will we see a g3c?

Member #
    Liked
    62 times

Will we see a g3c?

I've got a pt111 g2 mill pro with a keep tinkering trigger in it. Sadly I have the black finish which doesn't hold up to CC at all. Will Taurus come out with a g3c that has all the nifty updates ? I could use that as an excuse to check out a stainless version.

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    I could be totally wrong, but I figured the G3 was the G2C, sized up. I doubt they'd make a compact version, of a compact gun that they made bigger. However, I would LOVE to have the G3 trigger in the G2C. Or at least, just the better trigger safety dingus. My G2C still binds a little bit there. Aside of that, and forward slide serrations, they're the same gun, FTMP.
    777Driver and jwc007 like this.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal; It is the Courage to continue, that counts.

Member #
    Liked
    12355 times
    I would rather they focus on upgrading the G3 platform. First I want it in 45acp, then upgrade accessories like sights, rmr mountings, and maybe think about making a competition version. I hope they will add the improved trigger group to the G2C line, maybe call it the G2C mod 2 or something like that. However I think their focus for the first half will be filling all those 856 defender and 94 orders.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    I'm with the others, They went C for compact and then S for single stack on the G2 to quietly release the G3 while updating the lifetime original owner warranty. The G3 side by side with my SD is about the same Glock 19ish size. A G3S would seem like the logical release to target the 48 on the fence folks.
    Last edited by Adamwest436; 01-28-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    777Driver likes this.
    Taurus G3
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bnolsen View Post
    I've got a pt111 g2 mill pro with a keep tinkering trigger in it. Sadly I have the black finish which doesn't hold up to CC at all. Will Taurus come out with a g3c that has all the nifty updates ? I could use that as an excuse to check out a stainless version.
    None of us here knows, of course. (Unless there are lurkers from Taurus USA.). But, I suspect next time the compact version is refreshed it'll get all the changes, simplifications and improvements the G3 now has, plus whatever else they think of in the meantime.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bnolsen View Post
    I have been tempted to have a slide powdercoated just to see how it goes.

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTinkering View Post
    I have been tempted to have a slide powdercoated just to see how it goes.
    I said that with my G2 and never got around to sending it to CCR. I haven't had the G3 long enough to justify sending it and the controls that rust off.
    Taurus G3
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    Why? There is the G2 series. The G3 is just a upsized G2 with better trigger.
    Shut up and reload!

Sponsored Links