Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Adamwest436
  • 1 Post By CJS3

Thread: G3 Trigger instal

Member #
    Liked
    114 times

G3 Trigger instal

800 rounds later I got the wear patterns I wanted to see and while I'm in there accelerating wear in those ares I decided 2 birds 1 stone. Keep Tinkering Flat face SAO trigger install! I went ahead and asked the important questions and felt like taking the dive. I asked Kt if it was possible and what needed to be done differently. G2C spring needs to be used instead of the G3 spring and that's about it. Plenty of YT videos exist out there by KT so this wasn't going to be a how to, it's exactly the same as the G2 with the same spring booby traps to watch out for. What I didn't do is try the G3 trigger in my G2, it's not here with me now. Do I have any future intent on un-slight curving my G2 to see if the G3 trigger fits? I wouldn't lead you guys on and say I would jump right on it. I would say if Taurus had to replace triggers on broken guns due to broken safety blades then I would see it as logical to convert just as it would be logical to convert the saftey cut striker guides form the G2C to the non cut G3. The G3 striker guide works in my G2 and the SS lakeline striker guide is now in my G3. Enough text pics below.

For the pics below the spring on the left is G2C and right is G3, trigger shoes G3 left and KT SAO Flat Face right.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    777Driver likes this.
    Taurus G3
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Ive seem to have maxed out attachments per post so here goes the G2 vs G3 trigger. They are same width, the G2 tapers as it goes down.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Taurus G3
    Taurus M605B2

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Looks good!

The G3 trigger cant fit into the G2/G2C/G2S style frames without modifying the frames. If look closely at your G3 you will notice behind the trigger it has 2 vertical slits and the wall between them is lower.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTinkering View Post
    Looks good!

The G3 trigger cant fit into the G2/G2C/G2S style frames without modifying the frames. If look closely at your G3 you will notice behind the trigger it has 2 vertical slits and the wall between them is lower.
    I guess they took steps to make sure folks can't just make their G2's better before they release a updated G2C. The wall is for the Glock style external safety tab vs the G2 internal hook setup?
    Taurus G3
    Taurus M605B2

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Yep, they needed to cull the wall behind the trigger lower to make a folding block style safety work, rather than the hook style the G2/G2C has.

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Sorry, cut not cull.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17371 times
    ^^^^^^^^ I just stuck one of your DA/SA triggers in my G2S. Feels good, but haven't had it to the range yet. Glad to see they work on the G3 too.
    Adamwest436 likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Sponsored Links