Possble Issue with the G3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Possble Issue with the G3

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Member #
    73605
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio East
    Posts
    287
    Liked
    118 times
    I kinda know how you feel. My G2 has a JT SAO trigger and this stock one on the G3 is throwing me off. You have to move past where you think it might reset and condition yourself to kool ade man that wall smoothly.
    Taurus G3
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1335
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    15,861
    Liked
    6807 times
    Welcome from South Texas.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Member #
    77859
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    2 times
    Adamwest, What I try to do in order to overcome it is follow thru with my trigger pulls so that I'm bottoming out the trigger regardless of this happening so that I don't flinch.
    Last edited by deezomaxima; 01-13-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    Hurt people hurt people.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Member #
    26855
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,137
    Liked
    502 times
    Vague to say the least trigger reset is there a "JAM" is there a "ISSUE" functional wise or just a reset click follower popping back into place? bur in magazine holding up follower for a moment then releasing it. So much that can be which is minimal , As long as functionality is not interrupted is that the issue?
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

  6. #15
    Junior Member
    Member #
    77859
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Vague to say the least trigger reset is there a "JAM" is there a "ISSUE" functional wise or just a reset click follower popping back into place? bur in magazine holding up follower for a moment then releasing it. So much that can be which is minimal , As long as functionality is not interrupted is that the issue?
    I don't have the click some of the others described when I pull the trigger. I'm sending the gun into Taurus so they can test everything and go thru a clip to see if the mechanism are getting disrupted somehow. I've only had it for a month so I'll let them look into it.

    Thanks for the help folks.
    Adamwest436 likes this.
    Hurt people hurt people.

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Member #
    73605
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio East
    Posts
    287
    Liked
    118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Vague to say the least trigger reset is there a "JAM" is there a "ISSUE" functional wise or just a reset click follower popping back into place? bur in magazine holding up follower for a moment then releasing it. So much that can be which is minimal , As long as functionality is not interrupted is that the issue?
    G3 triggers are light years better than G2(C) but the wall at the end is rigid. They deleted that security hole and made the striker guide yellow vs the orange they were before. The G3 trigger is now a full safety Glock ripoff with subtle "visual" hints of slight curve JT/KT but not JT/KT at all. That being said that wall is more prominent than the G2(C) but just a hint of sponge at the extreme end. It's not as horrible of a distance before break but its a weird not so linear at the verry end feel for a striker gun. 1st few shots were super low and I had to laser bore it to see if I was really that horrible of a shot.
    Taurus G3
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

  8. #17
    Junior Member
    Member #
    77859
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Vague to say the least trigger reset is there a "JAM" is there a "ISSUE" functional wise or just a reset click follower popping back into place? bur in magazine holding up follower for a moment then releasing it. So much that can be which is minimal , As long as functionality is not interrupted is that the issue?
    Functionality isn't hindered but it's definitely throwing me off when I'm shooting.
    Hurt people hurt people.

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Member #
    73605
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio East
    Posts
    287
    Liked
    118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deezomaxima View Post
    Functionality isn't hindered but it's definitely throwing me off when I'm shooting.
    Are you able or have shot a G2C yet? That way you can be sure it's not just the entire G2 experience all together? After trigger swap it was better and Striker guide SS install. On that note, how do you clean the gun? G2&3 the striker guide channel have to be cleaned with a Q tip if you got too much solvents for cleaning in there. My Glock and SD weren't as sensitive about this. I skipped a few times on my G2 since the round count is low for the 4 months I wasn't actively shooting it and found rust in there.
    Taurus G3
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

  10. #19
    Senior Member
    Member #
    49440
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    547
    Liked
    611 times
    My G2C had a similar thing going on.

    What I found was that the trigger safety blade was catching on the frame. The same place that the blade safety catches when you try to pull the trigger by its edges, and the blade safety prevents the trigger from going all the way back.

    In my case, I only felt it when dry firing, but when shooting under normal force, I didn't notice it. It was a mild 'catch'.

    If you're problem is the same as mine, perhaps you've got a little more material from the blade safety catching onto the edge of the frame. Take a look and see.

    I didn't need to do anything, but you might need to do a little filing so the blade safety doesn't catch the frame - but still prevents the trigger going back when unengaged.

  11. #20
    Senior Member
    Member #
    73605
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio East
    Posts
    287
    Liked
    118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Valjean View Post
    My G2C had a similar thing going on.

    What I found was that the trigger safety blade was catching on the frame. The same place that the blade safety catches when you try to pull the trigger by its edges, and the blade safety prevents the trigger from going all the way back.

    In my case, I only felt it when dry firing, but when shooting under normal force, I didn't notice it. It was a mild 'catch'.

    If you're problem is the same as mine, perhaps you've got a little more material from the blade safety catching onto the edge of the frame. Take a look and see.

    I didn't need to do anything, but you might need to do a little filing so the blade safety doesn't catch the frame - but still prevents the trigger going back when unengaged.
    G3 trigger doesn't use that hook style anymore It's Glock like where it stops the trigger on the outside vs inside the frame. The safety is also wider so it's not a tiny sliver to try and repeatedly push in the same exact way on follow up shots.
    Taurus G3
    Taurus Millennium PT111 G2
    Taurus M605B2

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •