Taurus Firearm Forum banner

PT145 Anyone Keep Theirs?

18K views 74 replies 33 participants last post by  Naskarl 
#1 ·
I have a PT145 that I really like and even though there was a recall and exchange, I like mine. It shoots well, not fussy on reloads, fits my hand, higher capacity, and has replaced night sights. Taurus hasn't come up with a direct .45 replacement either. So did anyone keep theirs too?

#43 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. It's a personal decision to own a firearm with a recall issue, but the good news is that it it ever breaks or you decide that you don't like it you can turn it back to Taurus for a PT 111 G2C in Black (9mm) which is worth about what you paid for the PT 140.

The other alternative is to watch for the LE turn in of surplus 40 S & W caliber pistols which happens fairly frequently and select a lightly used Glock / S & W / or other brand for 100.00 more.

Let us know what you decide.

#42 ·
Yup. Since I got my Springfield XD Mod 2 in .45, I don't carry it often (would rather have the grip and trigger safety combo than a thumb safety), but I do shoot it. over 3000 rounds down range and nary a problem. And I don't drop it or try to cheat the safety.

#47 ·
Eh anyone can abuse the snot out of any weapon or just loosen a few screws and Go LOOKY HERE it defective...Everyone I have not one is as loose as this junk. Makes me Question what did they do to this weapon? How or what was done to loosen it up in that manner? and why is it the only one? I am sure there would be more footage of others? So we are back to "ACTUAL".

Reactions: jwc007
#49 ·
I kept mine and unless I have some problem with it that I can't fix myself I have no plans at all to send it in ! It works fine and I have extra mags for it. It works and they aren't sticking me with a cheaper gun !

#52 ·
Own Pt145/140/132 DSPros 99.9% of the Taurus semis I got are on that recall list WELL as I said one is going to be stupid and finger a trigger and set the safety Darwinism does what your Parents did not have the heart to do at birth Which is give the rest of us a Chance. Some call me cold blooded BUT you can ask my kids 9 year old and an 11 year old when is it time to play with a trigger and set a safety. We ain`t that stupid., Only Time finger on trigger is when sending the round we are not to play with the trigger, is there response I see raising children has changed

#54 · (Edited)
There are quite a few of us who do the believe but verify thing. There were very good reasons not to believe the claims by others as to the false claims against the Mil Pro pistols. The philosiphy is believe, but verify. Many of us verified that our Mil Pros and 24/7s that we have were fine and claims against the so called claims were false. Re-creating the drop test or other claims helped prove that many, if not all claims, are false. Doing our own drop tests showed that false claims do not pass the smell test.

#59 ·
I had an issue with my PT-145 and sent it back for repair. While it was there, they did the recall work at no charge. I used the firearm as a back up duty weapon. I've shot a thousand rounds with absolutely no issues. People frown when I say I own one, but if you never have, you don't know. It is a good firearm. I trust it with my life.

#62 ·
When did you send it in for repair work? Was it before the class action settlement or after? Do you know what recall work they did? I love my PT-145 and don't plan on giving it up.

#64 ·
I still have mine with no intent on trading or selling it. It still works as designed . . why give it up? I also have my PT-140 PRO. It is the only pistol that I still have in 40S&W as the others have been converted to 357SIG.

#66 ·
Just found mine after 2+ year absence, was in a small biometric safe under a bunch of boxes in closet with dead batteries. Found back up key took it to range and remembered why I loved this gun!!! Remember when I took it to range when it was just released and it was qualification day for 2 local PD's and several officers wanted to shoot it and said they were going to get one as soon as qualification was completed.

#67 ·
Welcome to the forum! I'm still angry that I turned mine in for a substandard replacement.

#71 ·
I actually showed my PT145 Mil-Pro a little love last week. Gave her a quick cleaning and a little lube and took her to the range.

The guys wanted to shoot the steel targets so that is the range we went to.

I needed to switch out some 10 year old ammo (Remington 230gr Golden Sabers) for my new .45 acp carry ammo, Federal 230 grain HST's.

The PT145 shot them like a champ. No failures whatsoever.

I purchased about 300 rounds of this HST ammo because I heard it was good stuff.

It is now my carry ammo.

Oh, and I really spoiled her by giving her a new Versacarry Holster too!

She's a great gun and I have no intention of getting rid of her.

#73 ·
I kept mine. I purchased it from a local pawn shop. I've no idea if they new about the recall or not. If they did, they never should have sold it. I'm glad they did though. It came with two ProMags, which gave me nothing but trouble. I suspect that's why it was in the pawn shop in the first place. Once I sourced a couple of factory mags, it's been flawless.