New G2C
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: New G2C

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

New G2C

Got my new G2C. Have not been to the range with it yet, but just handling it I'm not impressed. Plastic front sight, really? And how do you change it, no dovetail. Looks like a tiny plastic screw in the top, no way that's coming out without destroying it. Feels ok in my hand, but the real test will be on the range.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    There's a screw on the underside of the slide to remove. I'm going to change mine to a high vis front, but the fact that the rear is adjustable is pretty surprising in a sub $300 autoloader.
    It's not a p226...... But it didn't cost us a grand either....
    taurustoter and Ralph_Kirk like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I was comparing it to my M&P shield, a much better built pistol but I was looking for more capacity. I like the fact it's a 12 round mag. The shield is only about 50 dollars more, but after comparing it I notice the G2C is quite a bit bigger than the shield, closer to the M&P compact in size, in fact they use the same Safariland holster. But the M&P compact is about 200 more dollars. I just checked and mine does not have a screw on the underside, it's in the top of the sight. They would be no way to get to a screw from the bottom of the slide.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I've been quite impressed with mine. Under 300 bucks. It's easy for me to conceal and comfortable to carry with 12 rds of 9mm. I'm sorry you're disappointed with it. There are actually quite a few handguns that I've owned that have the screw on front sight or staked and I haven't had any issues with them. The S&W shield is also a good choice and I think they're offering a rebate on them right now.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7490 times
    Should have checked it out before buying, and yes you can get to the front sight screw, look on youtube..................
    G2 and G2C are great firearms, period....................
    taurustoter likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    6575 times
    Most people feel that for the price it is a lot of gun. So much so that a lot of people carry it every day for their SD gun.
    taurustoter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman225! View Post
    I've been quite impressed with mine. Under 300 bucks. It's easy for me to conceal and comfortable to carry with 12 rds of 9mm. I'm sorry you're disappointed with it. There are actually quite a few handguns that I've owned that have the screw on front sight or staked and I haven't had any issues with them. The S&W shield is also a good choice and I think they're offering a rebate on them right now.
    Never said I was disappointed with it, I have not even took it to the range. Said I was not impressed with it. I have a Shield in 9mm and 45. I was comparing it to the shield and it is not in the same class with it, except I like the 12 round capacity. I'll check out the videos but I do not see a screw on the underside of the slide, even if one was there it would not be possible to get to it.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    Should have checked it out before buying, and yes you can get to the front sight screw, look on youtube..................
    G2 and G2C are great firearms, period....................

What makes you think I do not check it out. I did and it did not impress me, I bought it for the extra capacity over the Shield. It is not in the same class as the shield and the shield is only 50 dollars more. I have both the 9 and 45. I will check out the videos but I do not see a screw on the bottom of the slide, there is one on top though.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Most people feel that for the price it is a lot of gun. So much so that a lot of people carry it every day for their SD gun.
    That's yet to be seen if it will be good for carry. I will have to take it to the range first and see. If it passes my tests then yes I would put it in my carry rotation.

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestringer View Post
    Plastic front sight, really? And how do you change it, no dovetail. Looks like a tiny plastic screw in the top, no way that's coming out without destroying it.
    Ever examined a Glock closely?
    taurustoter and ginelmore like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links