G2c first shoot
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Davidk0031

Thread: G2c first shoot

Member #
    Liked
    23 times

G2c first shoot

After about 10 months I received a replacement for PT111mp. Not sure how much ammo I ran thru it, had 4 of 5 (17 rnd mags) loaded misc Tulammo & Aguila, loaded the other 3 with some S&B $9 a box so got 2. Reloaded them all 3-4 times but not always to capacity with the S&B and some 147 lead reloads I did years ago. 24/7 mags 4 have yellow followers, 1 black. Most of time the yellows don't lock slide back last round, did twice. The black follower mag had 2 FTF last round. The feed lips on G2c mags are a little longer with yellow followers that look the same as the 24/7 yellows. Trigger blade not thrilled about but will give it a lot more shooting before changing it. Now curious if the mags will function in a G3.

Accuracy was fine most within 4" at 10 yards grouped little below center, I wasn't trying very hard just getting some trigger time.

24/7 mag with 24/7c grip spacer.

I think the only reason it doesn't lock back when empty with the 24/7 mags with yellow follower is the springs aren't as stiff as the G2c mags. I could possible stipple the 24/7 mags to raise the plastic a bit or build up add a little epoxy or hot melt glue and sand down as required.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Davidk0031; 11-11-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/a...1-pt111-ds.jpg

The one I sent in, much nicer picture.

Member #
    Liked
    19852 times
    Glad you finally got a replacement gun. I don't have a G2C so can't help with the mag issues. Hopefully someone will come along with some help for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    They push the slide stop up, just not as far/firmly as the stock mags. Probably wouldn't hurt to clean the old mags, I've never taken them apart. The old mags are much easier to load.

Member #
    Liked
    6697 times
    I have the earlier models of the G 2. When the replacement G 2c's (2) came could not wait to get rid of them. Traded them for a Shield 2.0 in 9 mm.

Sponsored Links