How reliable is the G2c after 500-1000 rounds?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How reliable is the G2c after 500-1000 rounds?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

How reliable is the G2c after 500-1000 rounds?

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I'm thinking about dumping my glock 43x for the g2c for the safety features that it offers. Just curious if you had to replace guide rods or springs etc after 500-1000 rounds?

I know with the Sig P365 you can shoot 400 through it and no issues other than it getting really hot if you're not giving it time to cool off. The glock has no issues obviously after a lot of rounds through it...but it's got no safety and no loaded chamber indicator which I wish it had.

Thanks

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2995 times
    Mine is working fine at nearly 9,000 rounds, It might make 10,000 in 2020.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Well, I replaced the guide rod and springs just to have the feel of steel, but not one FTF or FTE in about 1,500 rounds. This thing runs like Grandma's Singer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    [QUOTE=ninerounds;5500809]Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I'm thinking about dumping my glock 43x for the g2c for the safety features that it offers. Just curious if you had to replace guide rods or springs etc after 500-1000 rounds?

I know with the Sig P365 you can shoot 400 through it and no issues other than it getting really hot if you're not giving it time to cool off. The glock has no issues obviously after a lot of rounds through it...but it's got no safety and no loaded chamber indicator which I wish it had.

Thanks[/QUOTE

No issues on mine after 2-3000. Still like new. My new favorite 9mm.

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerounds View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    I've been keeping track. Bought it late spring or early summer.

Cleaned and lightly lubed after I got it, then nothing. North of 600-ish rounds (notebook is at home or I could tell you exactly), it started to get a little "crunchy" and not want to go into battery. I blame that on the environment I was in, wet and sandy. At that point, clean and lube again.

at 840-ish now. I get an occasional light strike failure. They don't ignite on second strike. I blame that usually on the handloads I use, but, last one I had I fired when I tried it in my XDS. So, hmm. I'm unlikely to run much factory loaded ammo in it, but I know that all the factory stuff I did use has fired.

Rear sight is fragile, and doesn't hold adjustment. I replaced that with a basic one from lakeline. I did not replace that front sight.

So, mostly OK.

I like the way it shoots, and it fits my a whole lot better than a baby Glock. But am unlikely to carry it.
    Last edited by lee n. field; 10-25-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2995 times
    I should have added that other than changing the sights out for TFX Pro's, mine still has all the original parts.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    32181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    North of 600-ish rounds (notebook is at home or I could tell you exactly), it started to get a little "crunchy" and not want to go into battery. I blame that on the environment I was in, wet and sandy. At that point, clean and lube again.
    If you're really saying you used a semiautomatic handgun in a wet, sandy environment and didn't clean it until you felt actual grittiness, then with all due respect you and I treat our firearms very differently. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.
    loudviking likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    2294 times
    A more fair comparison would be between the 43x and 3 g2c's, since you can buy 3 for the price of a 43x.

Member #
    Liked
    6561 times
    I have 2 of the earlier models of the G 2. No problems with either one. One is the black and the other is SS.

Member #
    Liked
    2094 times
    I've ran less than 1000 rounds through mine. About a year ago, at an indoor range the trigger failed to reset twice in the first 48 rounds. I've oiled and cleaned as much as I could see of the trigger mechanism without another problem. I will not carry the G2 again because I would not trust it in a life and death situation. I just plink off of the porch with it. I replaced it in the carry rotation with a Ruger LC9 Pro which I like a lot. It has an outstanding trigger.

Last edited by DDDWho; 10-25-2019 at 05:58 PM.
    Kim Rhode: "The fact that the government would even consider repealing or taking away the Second Amendment is basically the very reason for which it was written. So for me, that is an issue in itself." US Olympic Trap Shooter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links