How reliable is the G2c after 500-1000 rounds? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How reliable is the G2c after 500-1000 rounds?

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    If you're really saying you used a semiautomatic handgun in a wet, sandy environment and didn't clean it until you felt actual grittiness, then with all due respect you and I treat our firearms very differently. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

<shrug>. I wanted to see how it would go with minimal maintenance. That day it was wet, and crud was starting to interfere.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I'm a relatively new shooter, but I've shot over 1,200 rounds through my G2c since July with no malfunctions. I had one bad round that didn't fire, but I'm quite certain that was an ammo problem and not a gun issue.

I hope that helps.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Like and trust my G2C so much, bought the G3. I've had it a year, and a hair over a grand through it, no failures of any kind. Love these guns; very sad to hear some are having issues, but as mentioned above some (not all) of those were more user related than firearm related.

They've cranked out and sold over 300K of the PT 111 G2/G2C firearms, so there is bound to be a couple bad ones, here and there. Trust my completely. Guy asked about it at the range today, and told him my G2C and G3 both cost less than a Glock 19, with plenty of change leftover. He got kinda bummed.
    CaptainMorgan and pegasus like this.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal; It is the Courage to continue, that counts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDWho View Post
    I've ran less than 1000 rounds through mine. About a year ago, at an indoor range the trigger failed to reset twice in the first 48 rounds. I've oiled and cleaned as much as I could see of the trigger mechanism without another problem. I will not carry the G2 again because I would not trust it in a life and death situation. I just plink off of the porch with it. I replaced it in the carry rotation with a Ruger LC9 Pro which I like a lot. It has an outstanding trigger.
    Contact TAURUS "Chat on Website Works Best" - Lifetime Warranty. Any gun can have an issue -- mine and others have had good reliability.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have 680 rounds through mine (purchased new in April of this year) and have had absolutely no hiccups with it whatsoever. Goes "Bang" every time with no FTEs or FTFs yet. I have not replaced anything (springs, etc.) on it either. It is a fun little gun to shoot. I paid $165.00 out the door for it after a Taurus rebate and feel that I got a steal with this gun at that price.

Glock and other major gun manufacturers better watch out because Taurus is proving you don't have to pay $500.00 for a quality, striker-fired pistol. The G2C is proof of that and I think the new G3 is only going to reinforce the point! At least, based on everything I have researched on the new G3 anyway, as I don't have one of those (yet ).
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3532 times
    Personally OP, I think your worrying about something, that's not an issue. The Glocks have great reputations, and so does the G2C, so I guess I don't understand what for sure you would be worrying about. My G2C is great.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Bought my G2C in December 2018, it has just south of 2000 rounds through it without a single failure of any kind. I bought another back in October but sold it to a friend as it had the sandpaper finish and I just couldn't get to like it. he has over 300 rounds thru it and it works great too, i plan on a stainless G2C in my near future.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerounds View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I'm thinking about dumping my glock 43x for the g2c for the safety features that it offers. Just curious if you had to replace guide rods or springs etc after 500-1000 rounds?

I know with the Sig P365 you can shoot 400 through it and no issues other than it getting really hot if you're not giving it time to cool off. The glock has no issues obviously after a lot of rounds through it...but it's got no safety and no loaded chamber indicator which I wish it had.

Thanks
    I don't have a G2c, but I have three of the earlier G2. I have over 3,000 rounds through each of them. Two of them began showing signs of weakening recoil springs around 1,500 rounds, so I replaced them all with Lakeline stainless springs and guide rods. Frankly, though, I consider recoil springs a normal wear item, like changing tires on a car.

I've had zero problems with them. Early on when I was testing different types of ammo, I had some hard primers with Winchester Western white box--about 2% failures. But only with that ammo. I've never had a failure to feed, fire, or eject with any other kind of ammo in any of the guns.
    pegasus likes this.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I have about 4500+ rounds through it. Other than the occasional deep clean and a recent recoil spring upgrade (may not really have needed it though) it has been totally solid.

I'd buy another one and likely will as a backup handgun in the event this one were out of commission or stolen.

Looking at some carbines first though.
    CaptainMorgan and pegasus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8861 times
    I have 2 of the G2Cs. Both are in the over a little 1000 round count and are going strong. The one G2C is used but in excellent condition.

If one looks hard enough at this board and now the archives there are is a majority of those with G2Cs that are happy campers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links