barrel wear on new g2c??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: barrel wear on new g2c??

Member #
    Liked
    284 times

barrel wear on new g2c??

i recently got a new g2c at rural king, when i got home i noticed the top of the barrel above the serial number has wear streaks on it and the inside had lots of what looked like copper fouling. my older g2c that i got in december 2018 did not look like this when i got it at my local shop. has anyone elses have this on a new gun? I cleaned the gun, the inside looks good but the wear on top is very noticable. thanks for any help.
    777Driver likes this.

Supporting Vendor

Member #
    Liked
    874 times
    My G3 was fired a bunch before it was sent out. I like that it was thoroughly tested. There are lots of marks on the top, and the barrel. They show up more than some of my older Tauri because it has more of a matte finish on the barrel. My PT111 G2 has a polished finish which doesn't burnish like the matte finish. I would love it if the factory put a few hundred rounds through each pistol, but that might not be practical.
    777Driver likes this.

https://lakelinellc.com/

Parts and Accessories for Pistols

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    My G3 was fired a bunch before it was sent out. I like that it was thoroughly tested. There are lots of marks on the top, and the barrel. They show up more than some of my older Tauri because it has more of a matte finish on the barrel. My PT111 G2 has a polished finish which doesn't burnish like the matte finish. I would love it if the factory put a few hundred rounds through each pistol, but that might not be practical.
    thanks, i never thought of it the way you just did, but your right, if they tested it a bunch then thats a good thing. yes the gun has been flawless with all ammo used just like my carry g2c is. also my new one was really gunked up with thick brown junk inside, I cleaned all that out before i shot it. come to think of it the brown stuff was in the barrel as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6567 times
    The new finish that Taurus is using does not wear well. That is why I like the Stain Steel better.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1009 times
    Wear and tear on my G2c from shooting it gives me zero heartaches. Gives it character....lol I bought the gun expecting a very low lifespan and have been just amazed to no end it has last this long with the action it has seen....and still going strong. If need be, I will replace it every other year and be satisfied 100% with it. I have recommended a G2c to many people for their first handgun or for an extra 9mm (as in my case when my Kahr CM9 went in for repair) and so far not one complaint. Now if their repair facility and some of their customer service people...( I will say they do have a few very good people I have dealt with) would step it up, Taurus could be a top notch firearms company.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    1151 times
    Manufacturers usually only put a few rounds through a new gun, two or three I've been told.
    Your's sounds like it's had a lot more. Perhaps the store owner took it out for a spin before selling it to you.

If it still works well, and shoots straight, then it's only a minor irritant.
    You might try examining the slide to see if there are any burrs that are scratching the barrel top.

The next gun you buy, I'm sure you'll give it a closer look before you take possession of it.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    The next gun you buy, I'm sure you'll give it a closer look before you take possession of it.
    i bought it at rural king, they let you see the display as it has a lock, and get the one you buy from the back, they won't allow me to touch it in store they just open the box and show me the gun.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    i bought it at rural king, they let you see the display as it has a lock, and get the one you buy from the back, they won't allow me to touch it in store they just open the box and show me the gun.
    I think I'd find a new gunstore.

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    UPDATE: I contacted Taurus, they said those barrels are in a bin after ther satin finish is put on them, some scratching may occur on some and not others, also some guns that feel tight after assembly are cycled a bunch till they are smooth. all guns are fired 3 rounds before being packaged. the lady said that i could send the gun in and they would refinish the barrel. but i may shoot it and see how it does, if its bad then i can still send it in but if it shoots good, i will try and live with the looks, but i am a little phobic on scratches that i didn't put on a new gun.I went to gunbroker and looked at a few new guns and some there also look like mine so I guess some do get released like this. thanks
    GhostHorse likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    here is a pic that i got off the internet, this is not my gun but it shows what i am talking about. mine does not have this type of wear on the side like this one, mine is not as bad. however mine does have this type of wear on top, hope this helps in showing what my new gun looks like. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links