barrel wear on new g2c?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: barrel wear on new g2c??

Member #
    Liked
    32160 times
    Sounds like the wear mark question has been answered, and answered well. I like the sound of what they are doing! So, let me just add this:

Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    also my new one was really gunked up with thick brown junk inside, I cleaned all that out before i shot it. come to think of it the brown stuff was in the barrel as well.
    That brown gunk was probably packing grease to preserve it while it crossed the ocean. Always disassemble a new gun from any manufacturer and clean it. Sometimes they just need a quick wipedown and normal lubrication, some need more. But 4 or 5 years ago, this forum was full of comments about pulled four pounds of shipping grease out of a two pound gun!
    loudviking likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    My new G3 generation 3 [no typo] 15/17 magazines... The top of the barrel, squared is making a mark at the front of the slide, no damages just visible signs like the barrel sits up and has engraved itself into the slide while firing.
    I havent had any problems with 250 rounds though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links