• 3 Post By tnronin1509
  • 2 Post By Czechbikr
  • 3 Post By Russty

Thread: Finger irritation on G2C

Member #
    Liked
    70 times

Finger irritation on G2C

Love my G2C! Just got back from the range and had a blast using Federal 115 aluminium 9mm ammo from Walmart. Wasn't excited about 'em at first, but my first 5 rounds at 10 yards produced a sub 2' group! Wow, that's better than the American Eagle 147 grains did, my former best. So, the middle finger of my right hand gets irritated after an hour of shooting. This has happened multiple times. So, today I did something about it. I filled smooth the area on the trigger guard that was the culprit. Right where the guard narrows as it leaves the grip, the guard has a pronounced (to me) swell or squared part. This I filed down a bit and sanded smooth. Problem solved! The gun is totally comfortable and so dang nice to shoot!
    777Driver and pradeep1 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    This is called glock knuckle. It's not uncommon that a trigger undercut is done on a frame. Shoot enough you'll a callus.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
    Czechbikr, 777Driver and pradeep1 like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45515 times
    Some guns are not ergonomic to the operator and do need modification or addition. My HiPoint 995 had a point on the bottom of the trigger that drove me nuts the first time out. A little bit of Dremel and it feels perfect now. Some of the carry guns have cheese grater grips on the poly frame...a Hogue Handall is a cheap fix without making permanent changes to the gun. The Hogue with the beavertail newer design is really a nice addition to my Shield 45 Compact.
    777Driver and jwc007 like this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tnronin1509 View Post
    This is called glock knuckle. It's not uncommon that a trigger undercut is done on a frame. Shoot enough you'll a callus.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
    I have enough weird calluses on my hands from kayaking! I wanted comfort, not callus.
    Czechbikr, tnronin1509 and jwc007 like this.

Sponsored Links