Taurus Firearm Forum banner

G2C Black Stainless ?

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  wnderr 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of Taurus makes a G2C with a black stainless slide? If so, do you know the model number.

I'm trying to confirm the above, before I buy.

I already have a PT111 G2, silver Stainless. I love it for concealed carry, and would change to a G2C, if I can get one with a black stainless slide.

Rural King has what they say is a black stainless slide G2C on special, buyt I cannot confirm the slide material anywhere!

#2 ·
Are you looking at their ad for the 1-G2C931-12?It says 'blued stainless steel' in their description, but the spec list says the same as the Taurus website... 'Slide Finish: Matte Black'.
The owner's manual says the black slide is 'alloy steel', not stainless.

#5 ·
Guy's, this really is not hard to look up...................
Off of the website.
Both the 9mm Luger and the .40 S&W G2C models are offered with either a matte black carbon steel slide or with a matte stainless-steel slide.

Slides are not made of alloy, period.................
Glad I could help.

Reactions: bobbojama
#6 ·
An alloy is simply a mixture of different kinds of steel. Almost all slides are made of alloyed steel, even the hi carbon or stainless ones. It is without a doubt, some type of alloy.

I'm just trying to verify if it is a carbon alloy, or a stainless alloy.

When a large retailer says it is something it may not be, I just want to verify before I purchase. I also have a call in to Taurus to check, but they are slow!

#7 ·
You can always try to chat with Taurus from their web site. Of course, you may not get an authoritative answer from either chat or phone. All too often customer service people, if they are even interested, want to answer questions that are totally out of their school. They want to be "helpful" and will give an answer with no basis for the answer.

#9 ·
Rattttts, and probably why Taurus is dragging their feet in an answer..................... Oh well, my 111 still works, even though it is silver.

#11 ·
Taurus just verified their material. The black is a carbon steel alloy, while the stainless(silver) is a stainless steel alloy.

Only took 5 emails, over 7 days, to get the answer.

Currently, they do not make a black stainless steel model in the G2C!

Whew, and I saved a few bucks - and my stainless 111 will have to soldier on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.