Plans and Questions regarding the PT111G2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Plans and Questions regarding the PT111G2

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Plans and Questions regarding the PT111G2

I own a PT111G2 with the black finish frame and slide. I've shot it enough that I trust it and I carry it when I'm not pocket carrying. It is also a nightstand gun when not in "carry mode". I have an Olight Valkyrie 2 light for it that I use when it's on nightstand duty. I'm on the lookout for a holster that will play nice with the Olight but for right now the light comes off for carry. I really enjoy this little pistol, so much so that I want to customize it a bit. My plan is the pick up some new sights, an extended magazine or 2, and some spacers for the mags. That said I have some questions I hope you all can help with.

1. What are your experiences with the Lakeline sights and the Truglo sights? Since I have a weapon light and carry a flashlight in my EDC I don't really want tritium sights due to their cost. That said there are a number options: Fiber Optic front and rear, FO front and u-channel rear, tritium front and rear, and plain metal replacement sights.
    2. Is there a specific brand/maker of the extended magazine sleeves that you all recommend? I've read some here have modified grip sleeves meant for other pistols and there are a few ebay sellers of grip sleeves. Are any better/worse than others?
    3. Mec-gar Sig P226 18 round magazines seem like the least expensive reliable option for extended mags. Is this the case or am I missing another compatible make/model of magazines that are cheaper or easier to find?
    4. How much does the extended magazine+sleeve change the feel of the pistol? Is it easier to shoot, less felt recoil or flip, hurt reliability, etc?
    5. Is it nuts to put this much money into one of these guns? I got my pistol for $200 before tax, the upgrades will run me about $80 (~$25 magazine, ~$10 mag sleeve, ~$45 FO sights).

Thank you all for your input.
    Name:  IMG_2289.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  456.7 KB
    Last edited by ahil925; 08-15-2019 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added Q4
    777Driver and CaptainMorgan like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1057 times
    I don't know about lakeline sights, but I highly recommend their stainless steel recoil springs.
    I had the plastic sleeve on the stock recoil spring break, and it jammed the gun.

Member #
    Liked
    31166 times
    I'd recommend anything Lakeline. They have an excellent reputation, for quality and customer service. You won't be disappointed.

As for question #5, I'd say go for it. Isn't the fact that the pistol has proven itself to you this well far more meaningful than the fact that you got a great deal on it? I've never understood the "it didn't cost much, but it's great, but I don't want to spend any more" idea. This is not an investment car or real estate. It's a tool. Find one you like a lot, and if you want to make it even more suited to your tastes and needs, do it!
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I bought lakeline's fiber optic front sight with the black rear sights. They answered all my questions. Never installed sights before, but it was easy. With their instructions. Really like em the flat black rear sight really makes the front sight easy to focus on.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Would you rather take an inexpensive gun you like and improve it via enhancements or pay a lot for a gun and have to pay more to correct deficiencies?

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

Member #
    Liked
    5174 times
    I have one, shoot it a lot and trust it even more. I haven't modified it as it suits my needs as is.

Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    I have one, shoot it a lot and trust it even more. I haven't modified it as it suits my needs as is.
    I have the same experience. I learned a simple lesson many decades ago that applies to almost everything. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Member #
    Liked
    6286 times
    I wanted fixed sights and went with the lakeline's sights. They work just fine.
    loudviking likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    435 times
    Putting money into your "GOOD" hobby/obsession is never a bad thing, I dress mine up as well I "get the are you not just wasting money?" I show em my target Quarter size hole at 30 yards and then look at their pimple faced Target and utter nice keep practicing......
    Yuck Moo

Member #
    Liked
    386 times
    I installed a FO sight I found mentioned in this forum. It worked for a while, but loosened up. I could never get it to stay put. Finally flew off at the range one day.

The FO sight was not specifically for the Taurus. Pretty sure it was a "universal" fit.

I installed the Lakeline night sights and it has been solid and accurate.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links