Cleaning the magazines - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Cleaning the magazines

Member #
    Liked
    330 times
    After every range trip i clean my weapon.....All of it, that includes the magazine. Its part of your weapon after all.
    Nimbly, jwc007 and loudviking like this.
    PT111 G2
    24/7 G2 ACP .45

Member #
    Liked
    669 times
    Anytime the gun needs a good cleaning i do the magazines. It's easy, fast lets me know if i need to clean more often.
    I use nothing but dry lube. Not any old so called dry lube. No graphite, silicone, petroleum base stuff. it collects crud in the mag.
    I use mil tec 1 dry lube or mag slick. It does not gather crud like other lube will.
    https://www.brownells.com/gun-cleani...nt=474-000-001
    Militec-1 Lubricant-Grease for Firearms-Autos-Sportsmen

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    I pop mine apart and clean them whenever I clean my pistol. I have some #9 in a spray bottle and I just spray the insides down and use a 12 gauge bore mop on a rod.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Thanks evenyone. I never even knew how much "dirt" (mostly burned powder soot I would guess) was being left on the mag, till I got my G2c with the bright yellow follower. Every other pistol I own has a black follower.

I've changed floor plates plenty of times so taking them apart and putting them back together will not be an issue.

Member #
    Liked
    6290 times
    I just spray them with Gun Scrubber.
    Smokewagon and KTM300 like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32608 times
    I hose mine down with brake cleaner. I used to break them down for a good cleaning often, but never found much inside. So, about once a year, I try to do the deep clean. Still don’t find much.
    GreenWolf70, jwc007 and KTM300 like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    I always clean my magazines after shooting. It prevents erosion/rust/decay of plastic overtime and keeps the bullets clean on the next magazine, that is if its carry ammo.
    Magazine is part of the gun, clean them. I just use a tiny drop of clip, and even wipe the sides down in and out... make sure to dry it and not keep oil on plastic, you just want a drop to remove the residue of gun powered.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    That is a good question. I NEVER cleaned my magazines until I saw a friend of mine that is a CC holder and former Marine at a tailgate several years ago. The subject came up of 'what are you doing next weekend' and his response was to perform his annual magazine inspection and cleaning. Got me to think of that so I also took all my mags apart. I was surprised at the amount of sand, lint, grime and other stuff that was in them. So my annual "Mag Cleaning Day is Jan1". And like JTG452, i fully dissassemble it, brush out the inside/springs, wipe down all of the components with the cleaning rag. No liquid cleaning chemicals or lubes other than what was on the rag.
    GreenWolf70 and KTM300 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links