Taurus G2c sights wont adjust lower
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times

Taurus G2c sights wont adjust lower

My G2c has now about 300 flawless rounds through it! BUT my main problem is the gun is shooting low and I can't see to fix this. Out of the box the front sight was twisted..... The elevation does not work, if I turn it up, it goes up then resets back down flat. I am still shooting INCHES low at 3 and 5 yards... This is unacceptable, I have tried max elevation and lowest elevation.

I shot at the center and top left target roughly 3 and 5 yards away between the two of them.

If you look at the far left shots, even the target under the one thats on top, it was shooting far left before I adjusted it. The bottom left target, I aimed for it and all hit the cardboard under it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 9mmrevolver; 08-05-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1009 times
    I replaced my sights on my G2c with a set of Lakeline, LLc fiber optic sights. it is exact POA>Name:  SAM_1388.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  1.09 MB
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    I really didnt want to replace anything, after MIR this gun Is $175. I heard good things about the lakeline parts... I almost bought the PPS gen 2, but I heard so many great things about the G2c I had to try it!
    I might have to get the sights after all, but wont it void my warranty?
    I want a second G2c in SS next.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5433 times
    Welcome from PA!
    I don't know about your experience but these pistols due to the size magnify minor issues. Your sights were probably right on the money but unfortunately no one wants to believe it's them. This guide is a big help. A gun with a longer sight radius is easier. The G2C only has to be squeezed a little wrong too be off at the target site to the short barrel.
    Free Downloadable Pistol Correction Targets | GunLink Blog

Try the advice on the above link, also shoot off a rest.
    Then get back to us.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Today I shot my Hi-point C9, SCCY CPX2, G2c, RoughRider 22, a wide range of trigger pulls. My bullet placement varies on finger placement on trigger and pull. Also I catch myself in a bad stance, head position and grip. I can believe its me, I admit it, the struggle is real.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmrevolver View Post
    My G2c has now about 300 flawless rounds through it! BUT my main problem is the gun is shooting low and I can't see to fix this. Out of the box the front sight was twisted..... The elevation does not work, if I turn it up, it goes up then resets back down flat. I am still shooting INCHES low at 3 and 5 yards... This is unacceptable, I have tried max elevation and lowest elevation.

I shot at the center and top left target roughly 3 and 5 yards away between the two of them.

If you look at the far left shots, even the target under the one thats on top, it was shooting far left before I adjusted it. The bottom left target, I aimed for it and all hit the cardboard under it.
    Maybe locktite?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    As CaptianMorgan said --- sight in using a rest , for the gun and your elbows , wrist

The rear sight has a cam lobe to adjust up and down , the screw just turns the lobe

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Just keep your old sights handy. If you do have to send it back reinstall the stock sights. Taurus will not honor the warranty if there's any mods done.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Wow, they really good great. My stock sights are right on, but those really stand out.

Sponsored Links