Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Lost in transition . . . .the dependable MilPro lines

792 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Steyr 
#1 ·
In perusing the “Post your MilPro” picture thread you can clearly see the break in models ~ 2013-2014 time frame. And it is sad to see the classic lines and profiles cut by the old MilPro lines compared with the modern g2c lines. It’s been so long but we’re the MilPros stopped due to the iability lawsuit or was the change due fully to a need for new competitive models by Taurus?

Personally, my MilPros (a PT140 and a PT145) were within the first 5 Handguns I ever bought. Never really had any issues couldn’t overcome and they shot fine and still shoot well today.

Any thoughts?

#2 ·
To fully understand what the Trigger Lawsuit Issue is about, the Video Posted below will help you understand the issue.

My late production Pre G2 Millennium Pro 9mm remains one of my favorite Summer CCW's.
These Pistols were, and are, of excellent quality construction, and I have no intention of ever sending mine in for that paltry $200 compensation or the substitution of a Taurus G2C.
IMO, so long as one practices safe Gun Handling, there's no good reason the older 24/7's and Millenium Pro Pistols cannot continue to serve.

Also IMO, Taurus received and followed very bad legal advice in handling their lawsuits.

Say hello to my little friend, my late production 9mm Millennium Pro.

#5 ·
I carry my 145 MilPro a lot of the time. I love the gun. By now, well over 4000 rounds down range without a problem. I trust it.

#7 ·
Still shooting my PT145 today. Used it a few weeks ago trying out some new reloads. It also has around 4,000 rounds through it. Never had an issue with it, except that it can eat up a box of ammo rather quickly. :D

#8 ·
I bought my Millennium Pros just last year. I haven't had any problems with them going off on their own (although they are unloaded in the safe).

Yes, I think the "classic" MilPro line was stopped because of the liability. They couldn't fix those guns and release them as a G2, as they would have cost more to produce. But, if you can make a very cheap gun to give away in exchange for turned in guns, then the cost of the settlement goes way down. Voila! The new Millennium Pro G2 and G2C. Same with the 24/7...They already had a G2 version of those, but they would have been too costly to send out for "free" exchange, so they just killed the line and all there is to send out is the all new MilPro G2/G2C. It was all determined at the bottom of a spreadsheet by some finance guy who knows nothing about business or customer service. All he knows is numbers on a spreadsheet. Loyalty, dependability, and service have no place on a spreadsheet.

#9 ·
I too have a .45 ACP PT-145 that has been 100% reliable and is a "keeper".

I recently bought a new Ruger .380 LCP II; on page 15 of the owners manual is a warning that the gun "may" fire if dropped with a round in the chamber. This has NOT kept them from producing this gun or selling like hot cakes.

So I see no reason for getting my panties in a wad over such a potential (howbeit unlikely) problem.

One shouldn't drop sharp axes or running chain saws either...duh. Pilot Error is no reason to side line a perfectly good design.

Dangerous inanimate objects can't be made idiot proof, idiots should not handle them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.