Why did you buy your G2/G2C/G2S? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Why did you buy your G2/G2C/G2S?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I bought my G2C as a truck gun. At the price I would not be too upset if something happened to it. But after getting it I could not resist adding some Truglo night sights, a Lakeline stainless Striker Guide, and a Keeptinkering SAO flat faced trigger. What a difference the guide and trigger made. I had to take some very fine sand cloth to the edges of the trigger to smooth out the edges. This little pistol feels great in the hand and with only a couple hundred rounds through it has been 100% reliable. The trigger take-up is smooth and the break is crisp. I have a Fist #1AK thin kydex holster for my G26 that I remolded to fit it, it is an IWB and very comfortable. So my "Truck Gun" is now much more and I would be pissed if I lost it. LOL
    pegasus and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I bought my G2C as a truck gun. At the price I would not be too upset if something happened to it. But after getting it I could not resist adding some Truglo night sights, a Lakeline stainless Striker Guide, and a Keeptinkering SAO flat faced trigger. What a difference the guide and trigger made. I had to take some very fine sand cloth to the edges of the trigger to smooth out the edges. This little pistol feels great in the hand and with only a couple hundred rounds through it has been 100% reliable. The trigger take-up is smooth and the break is crisp. I have a Fist #1AK thin kydex holster for my G26 that I remolded to fit it, it is an IWB and very comfortable. So my "Truck Gun" is now much more and I would be pissed if I lost it. LOL
    Heh I have a thin kydex fist for my G19. I may do that! His new standard trigger is super nice. I compared them side by sit and the radius edges help A LOT!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    3111 times
    I bought mine because I could! It just so happens that I saved some money in the process, and it has turned out to be a pretty good pistol!
    pegasus likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    I am on a fixed income and just can't seem to either save enough for a higher cost gun or with my low income I just can't justify spending a lot on a gun. I went to the shop to get my new gun and i had two choices with the money i had, a taurus g2c or ruger security 9. the taurus was $235 otd, the ruger was $300 otd. i chose the taurus because it was cheaper and i could get more ammo, i later saved and got the ruger which is in the safe as backup. the taurus was so easy to carry, shoot and reliable it is my daily carry. the ruger too has been flawless but until the taurus proves it's not it will be on my side for as long as it likes.
    pegasus, EdinGeorgia and KTM300 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3434 times
    There was no one particular reason, but the first general reason was a relative of mine had one and was telling me how great his was, and that he only paid less than half the price of competing 9mm compacts. It had all the characteristics I was looking for in a single action type handgun, compact, high cap if a 9mm, light weight, thumb safety, decent trigger pull. I was initially concerned with reliability because over the decades my previous knowledge with Taurus guns has not been good. (which is putting it mildly) Over the decades half the people I knew who bought a Taurus had an issue, and IMO that's too low of a QC to pay good money for a gun that you are going to use as a self defense gun. I used to have a WW2 Luger and it wasn't reliable with HP ammo, but I didn't expect it to be, that's not why I bought it at the time, and Taurus guns aren't collectable. Also I had heard on the news about the issues with dropping the PT111 (not the G2) and didn't want that. Obviously you don't want to drop a gun but it can happen, and you don't want it going off.

After seeing all the good reviews of it, finding out it's drop safe, and after testing out a range gun version (along with other brands similar 9mm pistols) I couldn't tell a significant enough of a difference to justify spending 2-3 X the price for a more name brand gun. Although the Glock G26 is more compact the Taurus and the other brands were actually much more comfortable to shoot in my hands. I was impressed but still leery. The final straw though was someone I knew who had purchased a brand new PT111 G2 and his GF told him he had to sell it. He finds out she's anti gun after buying one instead of before. He never even got the chance to fire it. He tried selling it at various gun stores and pawn shops but they didn't want to give him much for it. I think the highest offer he got was a hundred, the lowest was 50 and the guy tried to claim he was doing the guy a favor buying it at that price. I wasn't able to give him what he paid for it but he did better than the gun store offers he got. So far my PT111 G2 has been utterly reliable with every kind of 9X19 ammo I fired in it, and a round count of about 1500. I'm confident that should it be needed in a self defense situation it will perform just as well as other handguns costing 3X the price. There's an old adage that says, "You get what you paid for." In my case I got much more than I paid for.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I bought my G2C used from a friend after he'd decided it wasn't for him. Figured I owed him a favor so I bought it. In just over 500 hundred rounds I've only had a couple of failure to feeds contributing it to an after market RSA.

I like the pistol. It feels good in the hand and I can shoot it reasonably well, but I don't carry it often. I most often pocket carry, so I'll generally carry something smaller than the G2C.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7253 times
    Cause I needed a 9mm pistol........................
    That about explains it...............
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    435 times
    I will admit I am looking at the G2c ONLY because of the recent release of the .40 S/W...I do not care for the trigger on the G2 If I wanted a Glock I`d just buy one. But might have to flip the finances to GIVE them a "FAIR" run Never had one never wanted one. As change occurs so must I.
    Yuck Moo

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I bought mine simply because I was getting back into shooting after may years off. Being a casual target shooter, I didn't want to spend $$$ on a target gun for fun, so for $225 I was happy with the amount I spent. The G2C feels substantial and performed flawlessly after about 500 rounds. Easy to takedown and cleaning and it shoots great. Bought a Spectrum as well and I like my small arsenal of budgets guns, not to mention the fun I have at the range with my friends.

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Purely curiosity. I saw a G2 in a local shop while shopping for another handgun. Well, I bought the other handgun, but the G2 stayed in the back of my mind. Sometime later, when shopping for another handgun, I saw the G2 again. I believe it was $229 or around that, which was very good at the time. I handled it, liked the way it looked, liked the way it felt in the hand. Again, I bought the other handgun, but this time, the G2 came along too. I have not reservations or criticisms. I does exactly what it's supposed to and does it well.
    EdinGeorgia likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links