Taurus Firearm Forum banner

2nd shoot

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  KeepTinkering 
#1 ·
i just got back from my 2nd shoot with the g2c....1st time out the mosquitos were so bad that i only ran 2 magazines through it. couldn't even keep my eyes open. out of the box the windage was right on but the elevation was very low. this time out i was able to run 150 rounds through. i adjusted the rear sight without any trouble and it's much better now. if i do my part it's good. 1st time out i tried magtech 115 gr.....had a couple nose dives. this time i shot 100 rounds of american eagle and 50 rounds of very cheap remington military and police training ammo. both worked flawlessly. guess it just doesn't like magtech. i will try it again when i get a ouple hundred more rounds through it. all in all, i like this pistol very much. not much recoil and i can see the sights easily. the trigger takes a little getting used to, but really not as bad as i figured it might be.

#2 ·
Welcome to the club. Take a look at the just tinkering triggers! Makes the gun shoot like a $600 gun! I liked them enough to get a second trigger!
I also just got a sig mecgar 18rd mag and 3d printed sleeve for it. Works great as well.

Best budget gun for the money. I just wish the slide finish was nicer. Wears quickly. But hey its a $200 gun.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I have looked into the triggers, now just trying to muster enough "I need one" G-2 that is I know there is a .40 S/W out now might just have a Need heheheheheheeheheheheh

#11 ·
Just got back from my 2nd shoot of my G2c. Glad I bought a Maglula Uplula magazine loader. The mag springs are pretty stout. That's the only thing that I didn't love about the gun 1st time out. (problem solved). :D

probably have 250 trouble free rounds down range now. :thumb:
I found that loading up the magazines and letting them sit loaded for a few weeks also helped with that. The mag springs they use in these G2Cs are pretty stout, I actually have a G2C follower and spring in my P226 mag that I originally tried as a test, and it works well so I just left it in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.