Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Has anybody had this out the box?

3K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  TexasTom 
#1 ·
I shot 100 rounds through it with no problems, but it was shooting 2" low on target.I didn't have tools with me, but will go back to adjust. Anyone else's has been that far off?

#5 ·
Most any gun can be off windage or elevation from the factory. Easy enough if you can adjust 'em, just have to go with Kentucky windage if you can't. I prefer adjustables even on my self defense guns for this reason. When I got my new TH9c, it was off windage, so I just reached in my tool box and got the right allen wrench and fixed that. :D If it'd been off in elevation, I'd had to look for a taller or shorter front sight or if shooting low, just file some off that sight. Been there, done that, too.

I have a fixed sighted Heritage that I just have to do the Kentucky windage with. Old timers speak of tweaking the barrel in a vice, but I don't think I'll tough that with this gun. I wouldn't mess with it in any gun, tell ya the truth, but this gun has a zamak frame into which the barrel screws and it's soft material.

The G2C should be easy enough, like my TH9c.

#7 ·
Mine shoots way low.

The rear sight is adjustable. But, it's "funky". Read the Manual. It also looks, from the way it's constructed, like it might not stay adjusted high. What raises the rear sight is an eccentric part on the shaft of the screw that adjusts it.

Assuming this gun passes probation (330 rounds so far!), replacing the sight is something I will need to look into.

#9 ·
I shot 100 rounds through it with no problems, but it was shooting 2" low on target.I didn't have tools with me, but will go back to adjust. Anyone else's has been that far off?

The rear sight is adjustable. But, it's "funky". Read the Manual. It also looks, from the way it's constructed, like it might not stay adjusted high. What raises the rear sight is an eccentric part on the shaft of the screw that adjusts it.
Mine would not stay adjusted high and ran out of adjustment before I achived a 6 o'clock hold. My solution was to wedge a piece of 0.06" lexan between the adjuster cam and the sight. Ran quite a few mags through it today and the fix stayed put.

#14 · (Edited)
Mine would not stay adjusted high and ran out of adjustment before I achived a 6 o'clock hold. My solution was to wedge a piece of 0.06" lexan between the adjuster cam and the sight. Ran quite a few mags through it today and the fix stayed put.
The factory rear sight is soooo cheezy. Makes me wonder if it's there for the ATF "sporting purposes" test.

#11 ·
What I've been doing for near 30 year with my Ruger KP90DC. I didn't care to file the front sight. I've won quite a few local shoots with that gun as is. I still love that gun, but don't carry it much anymore. It's not that difficult to carry OWB, but I have smaller guns that get the job done just as well. I guess if I get as many rounds down range in my TH9c as I have through that old Ruger, I'll get as confident with it, too. One thing, it may not be quite as accurate as the Ruger, but like the Ruger, it goes bang every time. :D AND, it's pretty danged accurate, one of the more accurate 9x19s I've owned even though it's smaller and easier to carry than most.

Another thing to consider...point of impact will vary with different ammo. One needs to choose a self defense round, get used to where it hits and try to get the sights set for THAT load. Then, if a practice load is a few inches off, you can just hold accordingly, but you want it set for your carry load.

#13 · (Edited)
Yep. My G2C was off by a bit. Or, maybe it was me.

However, I adjusted the sights and it helped considerably.

I still have a tendency to shoot low and left (Trigger Control/Grip) but my shots in and near target center are much better.

Reactions: daytonaredeye
#15 ·
Yep. My G2C was off by a bit. Or, maybe it was me.

However, I adjusted the sights and it helped considerably.

I still have a tendency to shoot low and left (Trigger Control/Grip) but my shots in and near target center are much better.
I’ve always heard that low and left was so predictable for Millenium series that you could set your sundial by it;D

Reactions: EdinGeorgia
#22 ·
PT 111 shot low lil filing and is dead on YES as with any gun I have purchased I had to do some work to get it where I wanted it, At least "PERFECTION" is not claimed prior to purchase and requires another $200 aftermarket parts to make it "TOLERABLE" then add another $150 aftermarket parts to get me to at least "LOOK" at it again. GLOCK should be "When you need a Gun REAL Bad we have a REAL BAD GUN for you" hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahh not Glock anymore Company should change NAME to B.A.T better add another $1000 hahahahahahahahahahaahhaha NO GLOCKS were actually harmed during the rant HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA...

#25 ·
My G2 shot low left for both myself and my significant other. I haven't bothered to adjust the rear sight yet - it's only been two or three years. I shot my NRA Basic Pistol with that G2 and did quite well just off-setting my aim accordingly.

Probably should get around to adjusting that sight, I suppose.

#26 ·
Combat sites the front dot of three dot sites goes over the target. The target does not go on top of the front blade...

I make this mistake a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.