Galloway vs. Lakeline steel guide rod.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Galloway vs. Lakeline steel guide rod.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times

Galloway vs. Lakeline steel guide rod.

What are the differences and what do you prefer? Prob will be doing this upgrade on my G2C, besides the better material what is the pros to upgrading the guide rod?
    kruizer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5094 times
    I went with Lakeline because they had the steel guide rod recoil spring I was interested in. I also have the steel striker guide. Also because Alphonse in a member here and if there in an issue with parts he is typically very responsive.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    31532 times
    Lakeline has great products, excellent customer support, and as our residence chef said, Alphonse is a member. The owner is right here, on this site, responding when you need him. Hard to beat that.
    slong115, pradeep1 and jwc007 like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4583 times
    Galloway offers an assembly with 18-pound springs which, I understand, tames the recoil. A cosmetic factor with both is they are all stainless. I had the button end of mine cerakoted black. But you should get Lakeline's stainless striker guide. Also look on eBay at keep_tinkering's triggers. They convert your pistol to SAO with a very nice trigger pull.
    Taurus1965 and jwc007 like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Would keep your original factory RSA and put money toward a nice holster or some extra ammo. Nothing wrong with factory RSA. Over 1500 rounds through my G2 with original. No problems.
    jwc007 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    I went with Lakeline because they had the steel guide rod recoil spring I was interested in. I also have the steel striker guide. Also because Alphonse in a member here and if there in an issue with parts he is typically very responsive.
    I'm up the road from you Frisco TX
    greasedog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5094 times
    Quote Originally Posted by acg2002us View Post
    I'm up the road from you Frisco TX
    Welcome to TA.net! I'm near Legacy & Independence. Member of the Frisco Gun Club but sometimes shoot at the Bullet Trap in Plano.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Welcome to TA.net! I'm near Legacy & Independence. Member of the Frisco Gun Club but sometimes shoot at the Bullet Trap in Plano.

Im off Legacy & Main in Frisco lol small world. My transfer place is in Plano so as soon as it arrives ill be picking my new Taurus up. I shoot at Eagle Gun range in Addison and Lewisville.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    What are the differences and what do you prefer? Prob will be doing this upgrade on my G2C, besides the better material what is the pros to upgrading the guide rod?
    I just installed my new Lakeline guide rod and striker guide 15mins ago. Unfortunately, I won’t get a chance to test drive them for a couple of weeks. Had a nice trip to a new range on Saturday. The Lakeline site said it would be here today. It came Saturday and I didn’t know it was in the mailbox before I went to the range

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2381 times
    Im off Legacy & Main in Frisco lol small world. My transfer place is in Plano so as soon as it arrives ill be picking my new Taurus up. I shoot at Eagle Gun range in Addison and Lewisville.
    You guys should get a room. No, seriously, a very long room with targets at one end!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links